Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
We know. You tell us so often. I have a Nikon. That’s why I buy Nikon batteries. Canon ones don’t fit.
I only had one Nikon in my life and I left it at my old residence. However it was a cheap model so I have no experience with the $400-$500 Nikon line and how they compare with the Canon.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Don’t buy off brand cheap batteries. They could damage your camera. Always stick to well known manufacturers.

Reactions: jwolf6589

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
FWIW, I've been using aftermarket batteries for about 13 years. No issues, however I would never charge any Lithium battery in camera as problems are more likely to happen during the charge cycle.

That said I do not use my cameras for video, nor do I view images for extended periods of time on the camera screen. Those are two operations that will put an extra load on batteries. And this is Canada so the cameras seldom see ambient temps warmer than 80° F.

Reactions: jwolf6589

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
FWIW, I've been using aftermarket batteries for about 13 years. No issues, however I would never charge any Lithium battery in camera as problems are more likely to happen during the charge cycle.

That said I do not use my cameras for video, nor do I view images for extended periods of time on the camera screen. Those are two operations that will put an extra load on batteries. And this is Canada so the cameras seldom see ambient temps warmer than 80° F.
I only charge in camera when it's connected to the Mac. I also rarely use my Powershot for video, as my Vixia is much better designed for this task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.