Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
go check out MacOSRumors and see a picture of a deformed iMac.

It looks like Apple's been drinking contaminated Cupertino tap water.

That, or the new iMac's prolonged exposure to Alaska is bad for them. Damm FDA...

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I told you so.

There is only one comment about it.... first production.

Once again... for thouse around that doesn't pay attention.

Be carefull with the first release of any product, specially this new iMac. Always wait at list 4 to 5 month to get them because they always come with "unexpected" problems and the first 300.000 computers are part of a field test. Then, after Apple (in this case) check these problems they may fix thouse little details.

These are not revisions, these may be details in the factory production, may be another brand of plastic or a simple color paint or things like that, may be a little cable.

So, expec to see a few more problems with the new iMac.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
I pretty much agree with you, mymemory. That's also why I've never gone for any OS software that ended in a zero.;)

(although a misplaced and/or broken logo on the back of the screen isn't TOO bad, considering how Apple and us are such style freaks it would constitute a DOA system to many of the unfortunate recievers of these machines!)

I am waiting for the next generation of iLamp before it finds a place in my home. (yes, I'm a patient man!)

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
A misshapen Apple logo is not quite as bad or revolting as the flys caught inside some iMac and monitor casings a while back.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
kinda makes you wonder what ther person who got the stamp with the upsidedown airplane said. "stupid postoffice they printed this upsidedown, im gonna make them refund it, damn defective stamps!"

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I'd love an imac with a logo like that.. imagine what it's resale value would be if you kept it NIB, but checked it?

Sheesh, that's one cool logo!.. lol, someone was drunk no doubt.. I wonder how nobody noticed it~!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
The LCD's too

Originally posted by asurace
A misshapen Apple logo is not quite as bad or revolting as the flys caught inside some iMac and monitor casings a while back.

They still get caught in the LCD's too. Bugs seem to go for the powerbutton and die. I have seen photos of them stuck right next to the power button on the LCD's its really nasty! I would hate to get one stuck in mine.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Oh and they just love the iSub too...especially that little green pilot light that just draws them down into it in the night!....A fix is easy tho...just stick the hose from the old Kirby down there and they are gone...I really want a new iMac but am waiting till next fall or early winter...by then the bugs will be out and the processors will probably see a speed bump.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Cool, i wondered how to get the moths that had flown in to my iSub AND flys in the soundsticks out!

Worst thing I did was drop of piece of cake on my tibook500 right hand speaker, it NEVER comes out!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Fake!!!

I don't believe that is real. Someone would have to notice it and plus I'm sure they check every computer before it leaves. Looks like some dumbass played around in Photoshop to do that. But who knows, thats just my opinion.

iJon

kcp203

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2002
deformed iMac

After seeing the earlier post, I actually looked at the back of my monitor and found that my iMac was deformed as well.

Alas, I don't think that this makes it a collectors item. The apple logo is a metal plate that is glued into an indentation. It seems that the glue is not holding that well during transportation (maybe the cold in Alaska?) and the apple falls out of the recess and then gets stuck wherever it lands.

I stuck mine right back into the recess and it is staying there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.