Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I ordered a stock MBP yesterday with a glossy screen and they told me it would be shipping within 5-7 days yet the website says within 24 hours. I don't understand why there would be such a delay to ship? My mini shipped in a day

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Maybe? I guess I dont know. You would have thought they would have wanted to send me the older one haha. I dont really have a user for merom (apparantely so I've been told) oh well.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
There are occasional delays that arise based on build-to-order configurations. 24 hour ship usually means that the unit you ordered was actually already boxed and ready to go out the door *before* you ordered it (i.e. was in stock, either as a stock item or as a "popular" BTO).

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I guess I'll have to wait and see. Just was a bit surprised because I only ordered a "stock" one no extras or anything. I'm not fussed either way what I get just excited :D

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
viccles said:
I guess I'll have to wait and see. Just was a bit surprised because I only ordered a "stock" one no extras or anything. I'm not fussed either way what I get just excited :D
I believe glossy screen is a BTO extra.

MikeNemat

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
Stampyhead said:
I believe glossy screen is a BTO extra.

Nope. They maintain a stockpile of both glossy and non-glossy and modify the build quantities of each depending on weekly sales numbers.

This is GREAT news. I love the smell of core 2 duo on a tuesday morning, and I get the feeling I'll be enjoying the scent tomorrow morning.

bluetorch18

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
MikeNemat said:
Nope. They maintain a stockpile of both glossy and non-glossy and modify the build quantities of each depending on weekly sales numbers.

This is GREAT news. I love the smell of core 2 duo on a tuesday morning, and I get the feeling I'll be enjoying the scent tomorrow morning.

I love your optimism...and I really wish it comes out tomorrow, but I'm hoping for next Tuesday...

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
MikeNemat said:

Do you reckon if I ordered it yesterday and it came out tomorrow I'd be getting a new one?

bluetorch18

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
viccles said:
Do you reckon if I ordered it yesterday and it came out tomorrow I'd be getting a new one?

Yeah, but even if it didn't I would really recommend canceling your order and waiting if you can...new MBPs are expected around September 5th...possibly sooner...good luck with your decision

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
bluetorch18 said:
Yeah, but even if it didn't I would really recommend canceling your order and waiting if you can...new MBPs are expected around September 5th...possibly sooner...good luck with your decision

For the things I need the MBP I don't really need the merom so it doesnt matter either way if I get the merom or not.

MikeNemat

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006
viccles said:
For the things I need the MBP I don't really need the merom so it doesnt matter either way if I get the merom or not.

I do have to admit, it is a VERY rare chance that they are releasing merom on tuesday, I am just very optimistic and am getting my hopes up. All signs point to mid-september, not august.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
MikeNemat said:
I do have to admit, it is a VERY rare chance that they are releasing merom on tuesday, I am just very optimistic and am getting my hopes up. All signs point to mid-september, not august.

And my hopes too! Nah not really :p As I said I dont really need merom for the small stuff I do. Dont really need a MBP either but I'm going to get one anyway

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
viccles said:
And my hopes too! Nah not really :p As I said I dont really need merom for the small stuff I do. Dont really need a MBP either but I'm going to get one anyway

Lucky! If you check ebay, you can get one for much cheaper than the apple store, but since you don't care about spending extra for a MBP you may not care about spending an extra 200 dollars. Enjoy it!

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
ricgnzlzcr said:
Lucky! If you check ebay, you can get one for much cheaper than the apple store, but since you don't care about spending extra for a MBP you may not care about spending an extra 200 dollars. Enjoy it!

I just love the fresh smell out of the box and the delivery guy turning up on the doorstep :D Though I would have loved to purchase it from a store and walk out with it but the edu discount is too good to pass up

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
viccles said:
I just love the fresh smell out of the box and the delivery guy turning up on the doorstep :D Though I would have loved to purchase it from a store and walk out with it but the edu discount is too good to pass up

I've never had the chance to sniff up a new box. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I may get a new macbook when merom is released in them if I feel particularly spendy. Maybe then I can take a whiff of that delicious cardboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.