Delay on MBP? Don't understand

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 14, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I ordered a stock MBP yesterday with a glossy screen and they told me it would be shipping within 5-7 days yet the website says within 24 hours. I don't understand why there would be such a delay to ship? My mini shipped in a day

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Maybe? I guess I dont know. You would have thought they would have wanted to send me the older one haha. I dont really have a user for merom (apparantely so I've been told) oh well.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are occasional delays that arise based on build-to-order configurations. 24 hour ship usually means that the unit you ordered was actually already boxed and ready to go out the door *before* you ordered it (i.e. was in stock, either as a stock item or as a "popular" BTO).

5. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I guess I'll have to wait and see. Just was a bit surprised because I only ordered a "stock" one no extras or anything. I'm not fussed either way what I get just excited :D

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I believe glossy screen is a BTO extra.

7. MikeNemat macrumors regular

Nope. They maintain a stockpile of both glossy and non-glossy and modify the build quantities of each depending on weekly sales numbers.

This is GREAT news. I love the smell of core 2 duo on a tuesday morning, and I get the feeling I'll be enjoying the scent tomorrow morning.

8. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

I love your optimism...and I really wish it comes out tomorrow, but I'm hoping for next Tuesday...

9. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Do you reckon if I ordered it yesterday and it came out tomorrow I'd be getting a new one?

10. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

Yeah, but even if it didn't I would really recommend canceling your order and waiting if you can...new MBPs are expected around September 5th...possibly sooner...good luck with your decision

11. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

For the things I need the MBP I don't really need the merom so it doesnt matter either way if I get the merom or not.

12. MikeNemat macrumors regular

I do have to admit, it is a VERY rare chance that they are releasing merom on tuesday, I am just very optimistic and am getting my hopes up. All signs point to mid-september, not august.

13. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

And my hopes too! Nah not really :p As I said I dont really need merom for the small stuff I do. Dont really need a MBP either but I'm going to get one anyway

14. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Lucky! If you check ebay, you can get one for much cheaper than the apple store, but since you don't care about spending extra for a MBP you may not care about spending an extra 200 dollars. Enjoy it!

15. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I just love the fresh smell out of the box and the delivery guy turning up on the doorstep :D Though I would have loved to purchase it from a store and walk out with it but the edu discount is too good to pass up

16. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I've never had the chance to sniff up a new box. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I may get a new macbook when merom is released in them if I feel particularly spendy. Maybe then I can take a whiff of that delicious cardboard