Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UserofMacOSX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Luray, VA
How do I go about deleting some widgets? I have some that I don't use/want anymore, and I was wondering how to delete them. I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance!:D

mesa

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2005
Washington, DC
How do I go about deleting some widgets? I have some that I don't use/want anymore, and I was wondering how to delete them. I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance!:D

1) Remove them from your Dashboard either by dragging them back to the widget shelf or holding the option key and clicking the x that appears; then

2) Remove them from the widget library (probably in ~/Library/Widgets, unless you're trying to remove an Apple widget which will be in /Library/Widgets).

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
With your Dashboard visible, click on the cross-in-the-circle icon in the bottom left hand corner. When the little Widget draw opens, click the one called 'Widgets'. This will open a palette up, and the Widgets you're able to delete will have a little icon of a minus sign on a red circle next to them. Click this and it gives you the option to move them to the Trash, where you can delete them just as you would any other app or file.

Blubbert

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2006
Jaffa Cake's suggestion will remove the widgets you dont want from your system, as it sends them to the trash, where you can just delete them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.