Deleting Widgets

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UserofMacOSX, Jan 19, 2007.

1. UserofMacOSX macrumors member

UserofMacOSX

How do I go about deleting some widgets? I have some that I don't use/want anymore, and I was wondering how to delete them. I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance!:D

2. mesa macrumors newbie

1) Remove them from your Dashboard either by dragging them back to the widget shelf or holding the option key and clicking the x that appears; then

2) Remove them from the widget library (probably in ~/Library/Widgets, unless you're trying to remove an Apple widget which will be in /Library/Widgets).

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

With your Dashboard visible, click on the cross-in-the-circle icon in the bottom left hand corner. When the little Widget draw opens, click the one called 'Widgets'. This will open a palette up, and the Widgets you're able to delete will have a little icon of a minus sign on a red circle next to them. Click this and it gives you the option to move them to the Trash, where you can delete them just as you would any other app or file.

4. UserofMacOSX thread starter macrumors member

UserofMacOSX

Thanks, but I meant deleting them from my system. Like out of Dashboard completely.

5. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Jaffa Cake's suggestion will remove the widgets you dont want from your system, as it sends them to the trash, where you can just delete them.

6. UserofMacOSX thread starter macrumors member

UserofMacOSX

The ones I have put on there don't appear under those "addresses." Only the Apple ones are there.

7. UserofMacOSX thread starter macrumors member

UserofMacOSX