Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Just went to buy this for myself for my birthday---deal is dead. :( oh well.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
jessica. said:
Just went to buy this for myself for my birthday---deal is dead. :( oh well.

Don't give up - keep checking the coupon sites (e.g. xpbargains.com). There's been two of these promotions in the last month.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Mine just arrived. I hve not had the chance to hook it up, doing so at work might be frowned upon.

When I get home I'll jack it right into my powerbook.. I'm very surprised at how quickly I received mine... that was a 5 day turnaround.

Pathetique

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2005
Wonder how long it will take them to ship it from the outlet factory... i got one day shipping...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
debroglie said:
DING DING DING

I just grabbed this deal! It is back up again, the code is JL6MK$330H9ZT4
Enjoy!

You can also use that deal on the 24" LCD - kind of hard to justify an Apple LCD with that thing floating around. Makes you wonder if they're going to drop the prices on them anytime soon.

D

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
This monitor makes my the image/color quality of my calibrated 17" powerbook look like a joke.

I mean seriously, this thing is so ****ing sharp. My powerbook screen makes the images look dingey and yellow, this thing burns in crisp, bright white.

Depressing.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
cr2sh said:
This monitor makes my the image/color quality of my calibrated 17" powerbook look like a joke.

I mean seriously, this thing is so ****ing sharp. My powerbook screen makes the images look dingey and yellow, this thing burns in crisp, bright white.

Depressing.
It is depressing! I picked up the Dell 2001FP about six weeks ago. I struggled over which aspect ratio I wanted but ended up going for teh 4x3. However, my Mac mini arrived last week and I have it hooked up to the 2001FP, so I had reconnect my old 19" CRT to the PC. It's a nice flat, Trinitron CRT and I had always really liked it, but after using the Ultrasharp there is no comparison. The CRT looks awful. Dim, dingy, and the casing is so clunky. It makes me want to buy the 2005FPW for my PC.

*struggling* Must not buy...

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
feakbeak said:
It is depressing! I picked up the Dell 2001FP about six weeks ago. I struggled over which aspect ratio I wanted but ended up going for teh 4x3. However, my Mac mini arrived last week and I have it hooked up to the 2001FP, so I had reconnect my old 19" CRT to the PC. It's a nice flat, Trinitron CRT and I had always really liked it, but after using the Ultrasharp there is no comparison. The CRT looks awful. Dim, dingy, and the casing is so clunky. It makes me want to buy the 2005FPW for my PC.

Not to post jack... but I was in CompUSA last night looking at Mini's. I want the 64bit AMD to seriously crunch some video and 3d work, but I hate to turn my back on the Mac platform. The inputs of this machine, I could certainly tuck a Mac Mini away (or set it on top of the pc case) and still run both. It would mean I could by the low end one and just fill the ram.

I've got a 4mp canon g2, a pretty impressive camera when I bought it back in 2001. Using this monitor to look at the images, christ.. it makes the photos look pixelate, line pairs become more obvious. This screen is amazing.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
feakbeak said:

Its a good deal... you should buy it... temptation.... jk

Too bad there is a Michigan sales tax :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.