Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Dell's new XPSM1710 is a nice big fat ripoff of the macbook pro, and dell's new XPS1210 is a nice ripoff of MacBooks. I hate how everyone tryies to be like macs. just let people choose to buy a mac without suckering you in to Winblows!

For desktops, dells new XPS 2010 is a huge ripoff of the iMac, costing a whopping $4000! This is the worst imitation of an iMac I have ever seen. However, I thought the eMachines eOne, taken off the market years ago was actually a reall and successfull attempt to imitate iMac G3. But this??? It has two hard drives, making a total capacity of 240, just making more noise compared to the iMacs single 250.

I am very sick of this.:rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Peace said:
For a company that's supposed to be "copying" the Mac designs Dell sure is doing a butt ugly job of it :rolleyes:

I know, all dell machines are big ass ugly!!:rolleyes:

brbubba

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
You are nuts dude. Those systems don't bear the slightest resemblance to any Apple systems.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Open your eyes... Macs use Intel now, therefor other companies are going to be using the same chips. This is NOT copying Apple this is just the rest of the industry updating. Just as brbubba said, these laptops don't look anything like Apple's.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
brbubba said:
You are nuts dude. Those systems don't bear the slightest resemblance to any Apple systems.

Yes, slightly they do. the 1210 is a 12 inch with a camera built in. It has Media Center, so that is an imitation of Front Row. The 2010 is a imitation of the 20 inch iMac, again with Camera and WMC. the 1710 is an imitation, with all the same.:rolleyes:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
imacintel said:
Yes, slightly they do. the 1210 is a 12 inch with a camera built in. It has Media Center, so that is an imitation of Front Row. The 2010 is a imitation of the 20 inch iMac, again with Camera and WMC. the 1710 is an imitation, with all the same.:rolleyes:

No offense man but MS Media Center came out LONG before Front row did.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
imacintel,

On behalf of my lawyers I request that you cease and desist using the user name imacintel (hereafter referred to as "username"). Your username bears a resemblance to my own. As you can see, Silentpanda contains the letters i, a, n, t, e, and l already. Having your user name contain these is obviously copying and I request you come up with your own original username.

Thanks for your time,

Silentpanda

Note: There is only so much you can do with a computer. If they looked at allllll like an Apple machine we might agree. But they don't.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Peace said:
No offense man but MS Media Center came out LONG before Front row did.

No offence man, but I AM NOT STUPID! I Know THAT! but Apple's Front Row, is so much better, that I now call it an imitation.

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
SilentPanda said:
imacintel,

On behalf of my lawyers I request that you cease and desist using the user name imacintel (hereafter referred to as "username"). Your username bears a resemblance to my own. As you can see, Silentpanda contains the letters i, a, n, t, e, and l already. Having your user name contain these is obviously copying and I request you come up with your own original username.

Thanks for your time,

Silentpanda

Note: There is only so much you can do with a computer. If they looked at allllll like an Apple machine we might agree. But they don't.
OMFG! I AM NOT SAYING DESIGN COPY! IT IS A FEATURE COPY! AND I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DESIGN!

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
This is why I hate MacRumors. You people are not friendly. I can't start a thread without it turning in to a giant fight. I am also always checking for white text.:rolleyes:

BTW, if mad jew comes to this thread, i want mad jew to ignore this post.

It appears you all like to drive away users from your forum.
I may occasionaly lurk around here, and maybe post, but I am prettysure this will be one of my last here. :(

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
imacintel said:
This is why I hate MacRumors. You people are not friendly. I can't start a thread without it turning in to a giant fight. I am also always checking for white text.:rolleyes:

Then don't start threads that result in fighting.

You made a claim, others refuted that claim and you went into a hissy fit. Deal with it, its life.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
imacintel said:

I may occasionaly lurk around here, and maybe post, but I am prettysure this will be one of my last here. :(

Relax man we all love you!!

join in on the fracus!! :)

Timepass

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2005
I sorry but I with the guy flaming. this thread is an example of why people think apple users are nut jobs, lonnies and clueless idoits.

They think everyone coping apple. If it remotely like apple at all they cry bloody murder.

It as a camra built in. Yeah Apple was not the first one to do that. Yeah you see dell doing it but things like that already where out there and it was just the next thing since it doesnt take much to think it would be so nice if my web camra was in my monitor for video chat and that idea would come from the fact a lot of camra just sat on top of the monitors. It was mostly waiting for the techology to get small enough and still have good quility to go in the monitors a a good price. It is that simple.

Really there are only so many ways things can be done before it start looking like coping. Slicker more moder looking designs have been in for a while. Just because apple started doing as one of the earily big name maker doesnt mean everyone is copy them. The idea came from other places not in the computer world. Everything from cars applicne is all for the moddern very clean sleek desing. The computer industy as a whole was just lagging.

But then again thread like this is why people dont think highly of the hard core apple fans

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Then let's start over...

Why do you think Dell is copying Apple? I don't really see any points in your first post.

white text for you to find

Timepass said:
I sorry but I with the guy flaming. this thread is an example of why people think apple users are nut jobs, lonnies and clueless idoits.

They think everyone coping apple. If it remotely like apple at all they cry bloody murder.

But then again thread like this is why people dont think highly of the hard core apple fans

I think it's the "hard core" or at least "long time" MR users that are saying it's not really like an Apple machine at all.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
imacintel said:

---------------------------------------------------------
It has two hard drives, making a total capacity of 240, just making more noise compared to the iMacs single 250.
ok first of all, if you dont want people to get mad at you, then dont start threads that could potentially backfire in your face. and since when was storage capacity a blatant copy of another system? as far as i'm concerned the dell machines are similar, but by no means a copy of apple's machines.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Timepass said:
this thread is an example of why people think apple users are nut jobs, lonnies and clueless idoits.

... etc
Hmm, Timepass, I think you should probably read over this thread again. Out of 20 or so "Apple nut jobs" posting to this thread, not one agrees with the original poster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.