Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
Anybody have plans for any of the Denver-area malls for Friday's iPad 2 launch? I'm closest to Park Meadows myself, but I'm sure there will be people at Aspen Grove and Cherry Creek. I'm a teacher, so I'm hoping that getting there a little after 3 p.m. will still ensure me a good place in line. Haven't waited in line since the iPhone 3G, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Jared1701

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Anyone in Cherry Creek?

I'm in the Cherry Creek area and plan on heading to Target first, if they don't have any I'm going to Best Buy if no luck there, then to see what the line is like at the Apple store. If anyone happens to know what quantity of Blk 64GB WiFi only model any of thease stores have it would be helpful. I'll be heading to Target at 6pm. I'll gladly share whatever info I have when I get there.
Thanks... and goodluck getting you iPad 2's!

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm in the Cherry Creek area and plan on heading to Target first, if they don't have any I'm going to Best Buy if no luck there, then to see what the line is like at the Apple store. If anyone happens to know what quantity of Blk 64GB WiFi only model any of thease stores have it would be helpful. I'll be heading to Target at 6pm. I'll gladly share whatever info I have when I get there.
Thanks... and goodluck getting you iPad 2's!

Good luck! Definitely update us on what you see. I'm heading to Park Meadows around 3, 3:30. I was there last night (Genius Bar appt. for my girlfriend, not waiting in line!), and they had no idea what the line would be like, but they seemed confident they'd have enough. One employee said they've been told to stay open until they run out or until the mall security makes them leave. That makes me feel pretty confident.

I'm heading to Breckenridge tonight, so I'm just really hoping I'm not in line too terribly long (there are much worse problems to have in the world, I know).

Bona fortuna, everybody!

rjhellma

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
any other updates around Denver? I'm going to try at the Apple store at Cherry creek. probably not till after 5:30. will update

Jared1701

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
any other updates around Denver? I'm going to try at the Apple store at Cherry creek. probably not till after 5:30. will update

Sweet I'm going to head there if Target and Best Buy sell out. (Which they probably will) Please let me know what the line is like, since i can't leave work till 6:30 :( I'll keep people updated if they have any at Target to BB.

noire

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Best Buy in Westminster had a couple of 32/64gb 3Gs left. Walmart next door to it was out.

Anyone know what the status of 16gb wifis is at Cherry Creek?

diesel83

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Boulder Adjacent

7:37 PM 11 MAR 2011 - All models sold out at Flatirons Apple Store.

Target in Superior sold out.

durvivor

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Target @ Arapahoe & I25 let me sit in line for 60 minutes before a customer got the manager to tell us they only had 5 white 32 GB wifi. They insisted that Apple required them to keep inventory a secret even from customers in line.

So I went to Target @ University & County Line. The security guard was quick to tell me (no secrets here) they had 5 white 64gb wifi.

So off to Target @ Sgt. John Styles. The security guard there let us know they did not get their shipment.

Pretty disappointing. If they were not going to have at least 1 of each model they should have said so.

Two hours. Three Targets. No iPad to show for it.

noire

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

About 30 people in line at the Flatirons apple store so far.

rjhellma

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
no luck for me at BB at Colorado and I-25 this morning. just called park meadows and they won't get anymore until Monday. anyone know of anything else?

matt550

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Anybody know anything about Best Buy in Southglenn? I have a voucher from launch day, they claim they never got their shipment, even as of Sunday night they have not heard anything. I'm going there after work today, just wondering if anybody here knows anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.