Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Hello everyone, I am working on a website for a client of mine. I have the basic site planned out, including all working links and so on. Here is the link to the temporary or "testing" server for now, below. Here is where the problem begins...If you go to this site using, Firefox(Mac or Win) or IE(Windows Only) the menu and everything is displayed perfectly and nothing is wrong. However, the menu chokes pretty badly in safari and I'm really confused to as why. If I use the EXACT menu just on a blank page, the menu works fine. Therefore, something in the table is making Safari choke. Can anyone help me, please???

http://home.comcast.net/~sean7512/Index.html <Safari Chokes

http://home.comcast.net/~sean7512/example2.htm <Safari Works/No Table

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Can anyone help? If need be, I can send the entire Site's folder as it is extremely small (258 kb, unzipped) Actually, I'll attach it to this post. Please someone, give me some kind of an idea, this is DRIVING me nuts!!

Attachments

• Dental Site.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 96

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Is the column maybe not quite wide enough? Although I would expect that to make IE choke and not Safari... Any reason you're using tables for layout and not CSS? ;)

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
jaseone said:
Is the column maybe not quite wide enough? Although I would expect that to make IE choke and not Safari... Any reason you're using tables for layout and not CSS? ;)

Nope, I tried that several times, it makes no difference at all.

I'm using tables because I do not know how to use CSS for layouts :confused: How do you do that, anyways?

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
If you use the script dom-build.js instead of browser.js (which would include saf-build.js when viewed in Safari) you can get the menu to display in Safari, but the second level options don't work.

It seems to me that the scripts' author didn't spend that much time with Safari, perhaps he used an older version? I suggest that you give suckerfish dropdowns a try. Their only drawback is that they're not ancient-browser-friendly, but they are much, much lighter than javascript menus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.