Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trauma1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
you guys know that Deutsche Telekom is T-Mobile right? there the same company, just called T-Mobile in the USA.

this is very exciting considering T-Mobiles $50 Unlimited plan!

That is largely inaccurate. Deutsche Telekom does not equal T-Mobile.

T-Mobile AG is a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom. Deutsche Telekom is many things, and T-Mobile AG is just one part of those things. T-Mobile USA and T-Mobile UK are each subsidiaries of T-Mobile AG. All of these brands are separate entities (under a parent company), each with their own operating procedures.

Look at Darden and their restaurants: one company with several, separate subsidiaries. What one restaurant does has little to no effect on the others.

And T-Mobile USA does not have a $50 a month unlimited plan for two users total.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Cool idea. I wish Rogers would do that, then I wouldn't have to wait in line.

Imagine the shortages this time around and people freaking out over the device. These could fetch a pretty sum on eBay....

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Actually, T-Mobile is now just a brand in the UK. T-Mobile UK has ceased to function as an independent company.

DT and France Telecom merged their UK mobile operations (T-Mobile UK and Orange UK) to created a jointly-owned operation called Everything Everywhere last year. At some point in the not-too-distant future, there will probably be a brand transition to Everything Everywhere and both Orange and T-Mobile will fade away into memory.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
just love getting back at Mrs. Pipes

Like a cancerous growth, "pre" appears almost commonplace now. Often it is mis-used- such as in "pre-order". If the item is in stock then I buy it; if not then I order it and wait until it arrives. "Pre" is completely unnecessary.
This site is one of the few where the author writes excellent English but please get rid of "pre".

preorder(pre·or·der)
Pronunciation:/priˈôrdər/
verb
order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.
noun
an order for an item that has not yet been made commercially available.
OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY (among many others)

I just love any chance i get to poke at Mrs. Pipes, my grade school english teacher, and the tone of this post is Mrs. Pipes reincarnated. Mrs. Pipes used to pride herself on usage and any questions were met with glares and possible humiliation by being sent to the board and told to spell outrageously complicated (for a six year old) words. May she rest in peace, may her errors be forgiven, unless this is her spirit, back to tell us again how we are wrong.

lewi

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2011
The Large image in the Article has a giant Pink T-Mobile Logo flag and says Europeans ...a.k.a T-Mobile UK :cool:

So hang on, are you telling me that spokesperson Herr Alexander von Schmettow DOESN'T speak for UK customers? Scheisse! Colour me surprised.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Damn bro, Your right.

do you think you HAVE to buy two lines to get that price?

the legal jargon gives that impression.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
"Get your pre-order tickets here!"

"For what?"

"The new iPhone."

"What's it look like?"

"We have no idea."

"What are the new features?"

"Dunno."

"When can we actually see what you're selling?"

"No clue."

"How much?"

"Stop asking so many questions and just do what we tell you."

LOL that made me laugh.

But i do believe that we'll be seeing the launch very soon.

SandynJosh

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2006
Yes Sir. Deutsche Telekom is a little pissed over the Feds sticking their nose in the at&t purchase of their US Operations.

Doubt Apple will be filing any new Lawsuits in Germany for a while. :)

Just this Friday a German court granted Apple another injunction against Samsung, forcing them to remove their new iPad knockoff from a big German product show.

Samsung was wringing their hands and going, "Now the German shopper won't have a choice in iPads." Truth is, if Samsung hadn't copied the iPad they may have been offering something of a choice instead of two brands of the same thing.

I think by Apple taking on Samsung they are serving notice to all the smaller copiers that copying instead of innovation is a bad business plan going forward.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I feel like I read all of this 3 months ago.

I've had my money set aside for a while now but all this stuff keeps coming up. School, car repair, a new clothes dryer.... I got all that taken care of but if one more unexpected thing happens my iPhone money is getting transfered.

Hurry up, Apple, before we all blow our money on something we need!

Same here dude!

----------

"Get your pre-order tickets here!"

"For what?"

"The new iPhone."

"What's it look like?"

"We have no idea."

"What are the new features?"

"Dunno."

"When can we actually see what you're selling?"

"No clue."

"How much?"

"Stop asking so many questions and just do what we tell you."

lol and what if there is no iphone coming in october?

----------

lol. this is how probably new iPhone 5 gonna look like -

http://www.iphone6blog.net/wp-content/uploads/iphone-jay-leno.jpg

RSNL

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Does this at all mean that the chances of the iPhone 5 coming to T-Mobile USA increase? I wish we can get a credible source like WSJ saying we will get it for sure. :(

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I hope this week Apple announce the date for the september keynote.
September 14th maybe? The sooner the better ;)
Apple's announcements are usually on Tuesdays, so the likely dates would be the 13th, 20th, or 27th.

Previous iPhone ship dates have been on a Friday; I think the last one was ten days after the announcement.

Apple needs to focus on getting iOS 5 polished and making sure that the iCloud launch isn't the unmitigated debacle that the MobileMe launch was. There is zero need for Apple to rush this launch.

Gradivus

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Tyneside, UK
The clue is in the word Deutsche

why does it not say anywhere in the article how do us "Europeans" preorder?

I think there's a clue in the article - the offer is from Deutsche Telekom.

"Deutsche" is the german word for "German". The last time I checked, Deutsche Telekom was in Germany. And Germany is in Europe.

The point of the article is that Deutsche Telekom is the first network/carrier in the entire world to offer pre-orders. And one of the characteristics of being the first in the world is that no-one else is offering pre-orders.

Get it?

----------

We know it's coming soon, the question is HOW SOON? Come on Apple, show me your four incher.

You KNOW it's coming soon? How, pray tell?

I've read a million and one rumours about a new iPhone. And they are all exactly that - RUMOURS. There is no EVIDENCE whatsoever that a new iPhone is coming, let alone coming soon.

So, don't be shy. Tell us how you KNOW.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Does this at all mean that the chances of the iPhone 5 coming to T-Mobile USA increase? I wish we can get a credible source like WSJ saying we will get it for sure. :(
It would be foolish for anyone to assume anything about the availability of the next-generation Apple handset on T-Mobile USA's network from this rumor.

Also, the WSJ is not gospel. If you want to know something for sure, visit apple.com/pr. Everything else is hearsay and speculation.

utahnguy

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2009
Utah
Best Buy

I sure hope Best Buy has straightened up their own pre-order process. Last year I was 3rd in line at my local Best Buy to pre-order the iPhone 4, and before I got there I read about how Apple might not be releasing the white model at launch. When I got into the store I asked about the white version and the guy said: "well we haven't heard anything like that, I really doubt there's any problem, but if you order a white iPhone and they don't ship us any, you can simply get a black version instead." That's cool I thought. I'll order the white model, but if they only get black models that's fine too. I ended up ordering a white 32 GB for myself, a white 16 GB for my mom, and a black 16 GB for my dad.

Launch day is about to come, and Best Buy is supposedly going to start calling people to make appointments to come pick up their new phone. They're supposed to be calling based on when you pre-ordered, so I have no doubt they'll be calling to set up my appointment the day the phone is released. I wait each day and nothing. Now it's 24 hours until the phone should be launching and I'm worrying so I go down to the store to see what's wrong. "Oh you ordered a white model and Apple isn't sending us any so you can wait until we get them, or you can pre-order a black model. Keep in mind that if you order a black model, you'll be placed at the bottom of the line." I absolutely rage on the guy. I told him I very specifically asked what would happen if they didn't receive any white models because I read the rumors before getting there, and that the only reason I would have ever gone through all the trouble to be 3rd in line, then order a white model, would be if I could get the black model if there was a problem. He gave me a very clear indication that he thought I was lying, and kept on asking for the name of the person who told me that, as if that would scare me into telling the truth.I was starting to get so loud with the guy that a manager finally came over, and after raging on the manager I basically told them to **** off and I left.

Long story short, they ended up calling the morning of the release and magically having black versions of all the phones we ordered, and said that we could come by and pick them up later that day. I've heard of people having problems like that, but I can honestly say I've never been blatantly lied to by so many people before.

----------

I think there's a clue in the article - the offer is from Deutsche Telekom.

"Deutsche" is the german word for "German". The last time I checked, Deutsche Telekom was in Germany. And Germany is in Europe.

The point of the article is that Deutsche Telekom is the first network/carrier in the entire world to offer pre-orders. And one of the characteristics of being the first in the world is that no-one else is offering pre-orders.

Get it?

----------

You KNOW it's coming soon? How, pray tell?

I've read a million and one rumours about a new iPhone. And they are all exactly that - RUMOURS. There is no EVIDENCE whatsoever that a new iPhone is coming, let alone coming soon.

So, don't be shy. Tell us how you KNOW.

How do we know? I guess you can say it's just like how I know the sun will rise in the morning, I just know.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

Not rly. tmobile had the iphone from the start here, they actually had the exclusive rights for years

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.