Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I once had a custom sports mouth guard furnished by my dentist. It had the Candyshell grip construction of a soft inner rubber combined with a hard outer shell.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I once had a custom sports mouth guard furnished by my dentist. It had the Candyshell grip construction of a soft inner rubber combined with a hard outer shell.

Have you received yours yet? It's an incredibly tight fit. To me, in a good way. The case is real sweet. The button feedback rivals the Magpul. They are very clicky and responsive. The grip is insane.

By the way, I picked up a river blue/tahoe blue as well. :D

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Have you received yours yet? It's an incredibly tight fit. To me, in a good way. The case is real sweet. The button feedback rivals the Magpul. They are very clicky and responsive. The grip is insane.

By the way, I picked up a river blue/tahoe blue as well. :D

I knew you would!

Today I should get to trying the CS Grip, errands permitting. This requires some uninterrupted quality time that includes the wife being out of the house so I don't have to hear commentary.

For me, River Blue, Tahoe Blue is staying and white / black is going back for some reasons. Mostly visual.

The white appears like a larger phone. Stripe pattern is easier on the eyes when the contrast is not so stark as it is on the white. I feel as though the white is harsh-looking compared to a sedate-looking Tahoe blue. The Tahoe might work better with my existing clothes. Because of fit, and if I really like the handling and feel, it'll get more carry time, so switching among white and blue is unlikely and white will be a desk drawer item. I'd like to keep both for the great deal it was, but it'd really be a waste. And — I finally got done watching Magic City, with its late 50's, early 60's period American automobiles. The Tahoe blue harkens back to that nostalgic look. :)

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I knew you would!

Today I should get to trying the CS Grip, errands permitting. This requires some uninterrupted quality time that includes the wife being out of the house so I don't have to hear commentary.

For me, River Blue, Tahoe Blue is staying and white / black is going back for some reasons. Mostly visual.

The white appears like a larger phone. Stripe pattern is easier on the eyes when the contrast is not so stark as it is on the white. I feel as though the white is harsh-looking compared to a sedate-looking Tahoe blue. The Tahoe might work better with my existing clothes. Because of fit, and if I really like the handling and feel, it'll get more carry time, so switching among white and blue is unlikely and white will be a desk drawer item. I'd like to keep both for the great deal it was, but it'd really be a waste. And — I finally got done watching Magic City, with its late 50's, early 60's period American automobiles and the Tahoe blue harkens back to that nostalgic look. :)

The commentary thing is so my wife as well. Haha!

The white/black looks super nice on a white phone, but that blue is seriously appealing. I'll probably keep them both. :D

Tip: When you install it on the phone, make sure you insert the entire mute side first and then press down on the remaining two corners to seat it. It's super tight.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
The commentary thing is so my wife as well. Haha!

The white/black looks super nice on a white phone, but that blue is seriously appealing. I'll probably keep them both. :D

Tip: When you install it on the phone, make sure you insert the entire mute side first and then press down on the remaining two corners to seat it. It's super tight.

White phone makes all the difference. Mine's black and space gray. I'll keep your tips in mind. Thanks!

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
White phone makes all the difference. Mine's black and space gray. I'll keep your tips in mind. Thanks!

You're welcome! The blue will look great on black.

Here's a couple of pics of the white/black CS Grip on white phone.

image.jpg2_zps0b8ulxex.jpg
image.jpg1_zpsvexjzuda.jpg

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
My 3 ZooGue cases and CandyShell Grip showed up today. Holy mackerel! :cool:

The river blue/tahoe blue looks awesome. You'll like FM! :)

It is a nice color. Post your thoughts on Zoogue and we'll bring that emphasis back into this thread.

They've got the ribbing along the sides. The only thing is that they don't come with a reservoir tip. ;)

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
It is a nice color. Post your thoughts on Zoogue and we'll bring that emphasis back into this thread.

They've got the ribbing along the sides. The only thing is that they don't come with a reservoir tip. ;)

Haha!

The ZooGue colors look sweet. I picked up black, dark grey and navy blue. Colors are vibrant. $3.50 a case is a steal. Time to quit buying cases! :D

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
My 3 ZooGue cases and CandyShell Grip showed up today. Holy mackerel! :cool:

The river blue/tahoe blue looks awesome. You'll like FM! :)

I have the white/black and have had the black/gray as well. Ended up returning that one as the black showed so many scratches. I wonder how the blue will hold up.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I went for white with the scratch thing in mind, but I figured the blue would be sufficiently light in color. There's something about the shiny shell surface that finger oils smear all around and it shows up more on dark or black colors.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I got my replacement, and needless to say it has the same stained issue as my first purchase.

I would say it is 50% less faint than my original one, but it's still there regardless. I wonder if it's the red that they have this issue with?

Do you guys think I should make a fuss about it and ask for a "perfect" one?

Tim (the owner) did take pretty quick to respond and ship it to me, but once again, still the same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 99

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I got my replacement, and needless to say it has the same stained issue as my first purchase.

I would say it is 50% less faint than my original one, but it's still there regardless. I wonder if it's the red that they have this issue with?

Do you guys think I should make a fuss about it and ask for a "perfect" one?

Tim (the owner) did take pretty quick to respond and ship it to me, but once again, still the same issue.

I would contact him again. Does it want to rub off or is it in the color?

I received my black, dark grey, navy blue and no marks at all.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I would contact him again. Does it want to rub off or is it in the color?

I received my black, dark grey, navy blue and no marks at all.

It's definitely in the color. I can't rub it off.

Hmm, I really do like the quality of the case, but I'm disappointed by the QA, at least for the red.

When I emailed him, I specifically asked for it to be inspected (maybe too much to ask?).

I don't want him to think I'm taking advantage of the situation, because I'd gladly ship the 2 cases back (on his pay), but not sure?

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
It's definitely in the color. I can't rub it off.

Hmm, I really do like the quality of the case, but I'm disappointed by the QA, at least for the red.

When I emailed him, I specifically asked for it to be inspected (maybe too much to ask?).

I don't want him to think I'm taking advantage of the situation, because I'd gladly ship the 2 cases back (on his pay), but not sure?

I wouldn't worry about it and ask for another replacement. Send him the pics.

I wonder, like you, if it's just a red case issue?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I wouldn't worry about it and ask for another replacement. Send him the pics.

I wonder, like you, if it's just a red case issue?

Just sent an email to both Tim and Jenn (manager). If it was a known issue with all cases, I wouldn't mind, but as you mentioned you don't have that for your cases.

Therefore, I deem it as unacceptable. :confused:

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Just sent an email to both Tim and Jenn (manager). If it was a known issue with all cases, I wouldn't mind, but as you mentioned you don't have that for your cases.

Therefore, I deem it as unacceptable. :confused:

I agree! Let us know how it goes.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
From memory my dark grey one that I received last week is fine. I'll look more closely when I go into work tomorrow.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
Let us know, thanks.

Just check and mine has no watermarks at all like yours. The only thing mine had were a few dark stain spots when I received it, but after I wiped them off, mine looks fine.

Maybe email Zoogue for another replacement and attach the pictures. Or exchange for another color? Mine is dark grey so don't know if someone with a red one can chime in.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I received an email back from the manager. Apparently all the red cases that she inspected has the same discrepancies, but other colors are fine. WTF??

She asked me if I wanted another color, but I'm not sure. Red is my favorite color.

UGH! :mad::D

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
My red one I got from Amazon doesn't have the water spots.

Still haven't received anything on my other three cases I ordered from Zoogue during their sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.