Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frenetic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
Amsterdam
Since yesterday evening I have a bizarre Safari issue. When I got to a website that wanted to use real player in a safari window, it asked me if it should configure my browser. Somewhat naievely I decided to let it do so, and from that moment safari won't load any pages anymore. Or, to be more precise, it starts loading pages, but when it gets to 80% it just remains there. It does not happen with all websites: macrumors won't load, cnn won't load, foxnews either, but the guardian loads normally. When I look in my console I get the following error for each page that I try to load and gets stuck:

2005-03-14 12:51:45.653 Safari[885] Uncaught exception - *** -[NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]: nil string parameter

2005-03-14 12:51:45.654 Safari[885] *** Attempt to remove unrecognized exception handler 0xbfffcda0

## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)

Does anybody know how to solve this issue. It only happens with Safari, not with Firefox which I am using right now (I do prefer Safari, though). I tried reinstalling Safari, but the problem just remains. Anyone an idea? Help would be greatly appreciated!

frenetic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2004
Amsterdam
Thanks for the help guys, but I sorted it out myself. I discovered that when I disabled pith helmet, the sites would load normally. So I just deinstalled pith helmet, reinstalled it, and it works perfectly now. Appreciate the help, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.