Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

area

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
I'm using Mail that comes with OSX (on my lovely new iBook) but can't for the life of me set it up so that email from different accounts goes to different inboxes or mailboxes. I've tried setting up 'Smart Mailboxes' but nothing in the criteria appears to be about the account that it was sent to. I'm at a loss as to what to try next; I've looked in account settings, but no dice there either.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
area said:
I'm using Mail that comes with OSX (on my lovely new iBook) but can't for the life of me set it up so that email from different accounts goes to different inboxes or mailboxes. I've tried setting up 'Smart Mailboxes' but nothing in the criteria appears to be about the account that it was sent to. I'm at a loss as to what to try next; I've looked in account settings, but no dice there either.

Are you checking POP3 accounts or IMAP?

I only have IMAP accounts and I get an overall inbox, but when I hit the little triangle, it shows each account's inbox separately.

area

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
POP3 accounts; turns out that I didn't see the triangle. I can't believe it!

Thanks very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.