Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypostylin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2021
Since upgrading to watchOS 10.2, the digital time complication on the Infograph face briefly flashes an incorrect time — in my case, always 10:09:30 — before displaying the correct time when I raise my wrist. I'm wondering if others are having this issue. I've submitted feedback to Apple about this. Apple Watch Series 7 (41mm GPS + Cellular).

export_0.GIF

Last edited:

remmarx

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2023
I had this problem and the only way to fix it was unpairing the watch and pairing it again WITHOUT backup. Setup as A NEW DEVICE. Problem is gone.

I once tried unpairing and restoring from backup and came with the same problem.

NO BACKUP!!!

Reactions: hypostylin

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
This happens to me occasionally as well, usually only when waking for the first time after setting a face with that complication. If it's happening every single time you raise your wrist, then that doesn't sound right.

Similar behavior is also seen when swiping between watch faces, as seen in this video.

BTW, 10:09:30 is the time Apple uses in their marketing material and on the watch face previews. Hard to say if this is a bug/side-effect or new intended behavior to show the "default" time until the actual time loads.

Reactions: hypostylin

hypostylin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2021
I had this problem and the only way to fix it was unpairing the watch and pairing it again WITHOUT backup. Setup as A NEW DEVICE. Problem is gone.

I once tried unpairing and restoring from backup and came with the same problem.

NO BACKUP!!!
I was worried that someone was going to suggest this. 😂 Thanks!

hypostylin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2021
This happens to me occasionally as well, usually only when waking for the first time after setting a face with that complication. If it's happening every single time you raise your wrist, then that doesn't sound right.

Similar behavior is also seen when swiping between watch faces, as seen in this video.

BTW, 10:09:30 is the time Apple uses in their marketing material and on the watch face previews. Hard to say if this is a bug/side-effect or new intended behavior to show the "default" time until the actual time loads.
Ah, right. I remember now that 10:09:30 is considered the most aesthetically pleasing hand configuration because it's symmetrical. Thanks!

Yes, it happens every time I raise my wrist. Only the digital time complication is affected. The hands always display the correct time. None of my other faces have this issue, including the ones that only display digital time — e.g., Activity Digital. Strange!

Dog Bone Malone

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
Muffsville, Jannerbama. Uk.
God damn it. Holy cow! I thought I was going crazy. The elusive 10:09 bug!

My watch shows the correct time when I raise my wrist. But.....when I swipe from left to right, or visa versa, to change my watch face, the watch face momentarily shows the time as 10:09 for about a second, before correcting itself to the correct time. Not an issue unless I change my choice of watch faces, but darn annoying all the same!

I have my AWU2 set up and running perfectly for my needs. I really, really don't want to set it all up again just because of this inconvenient bug.

hypostylin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2021
Update: This is now fixed for me in watchOS 10.3.1! 🎉

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The bug is still there. It just doesn’t happen every single time I raise my wrist now. Just sometimes. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: orbital~debris

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Update: This is now fixed for me in watchOS 10.3.1! 🎉

EDIT: Spoke too soon. The bug is still there. It just doesn’t happen every single time I raise my wrist now. Just sometimes. 🤷🏼‍♂️
watchOS is in fact a collection of bugs that's being released as an operating system.
And so are iOS and macOS - for that matter.

Reactions: tomtattoo

noidea123abc

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2024
This is happening to me too, every time I raise my wrist. I understand why it would happen on background faces but I don’t think it should be happening on the active watch face. FWIW turning off swipe Swipe to Switch Watch Face seems to fix it so that the active watch face doesn’t do this. I’m on 10.3.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.