Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Ok, so this is obviously a completely unconfirmed rumor, but I was talking to the Dish Network technician who was installing a new HD box at my house this week, and I asked about the availability of the ViP 922 box that has Slingplayer technology (and a 1TB HDD) built in; and that was announced over a year ago and has had techies drooling since. According to this guy, the 922 will be available in about a month. He's begun receiving training on the device, and actually has one in the DN office here. He did say it would likely be a $200 upgrade at first, although that should change once they've wrung the early adopters dry.

So if you're due for a hardware upgrade on your DN account, you might want to hold off a little longer...

And, of course, my disclaimer - YMMV. This is just what I heard from a DN tech. Take with whatever size salt grain you deem appropriate. This is far from the first internet post to claim this product would be out "soon".

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post the product link for those who don't know what I'm talking about? Can't seem to get the linky thing to work from my iPhone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.