Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A Bathing Ape

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I haven't heard anything regarding this before, but is it a possibility that we could see a smaller, more affordable display from Apple. It seems to me that unless you are in a industry that requires this or a extreme gamer, you dont necessarily need to go as big as a 23" screen. Im looking to buy a mac mini and want a nice aluminum apple screen to go along with it, but dont want to have to spend over 500 for a screen. Basically is there any possibility that we can see a 19, 17 or even a 15 inch screen coming from apple. If not what are some good screens that would complement the mini from other manufacturers.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
nobody makes them as nice as apple does, thats a fact! ;)

i think they should produce smaller monitors too, since they have introduced the mini there is now a market for them. perhaps slightly more expensive than other brands monitors of the same size

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I wish they'd bring back the studio displays, but now in 17" and 19" widescreen (both 1440x900). These would be really good for MacMini. They should have lower specs than ACD, and a bit more expensive (approx. $50) than other brands with same monitor. This would give the monitor sale a deal. A Mac without a Mac screen is nearly pointless, and the ACD's cost the same as the Mini. Please APPLE!:rolleyes:

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
I think things are going to head bigger and bigger!

See this amazing touch screen!

You've probably all seen it and discussed this video presentation of a technology that looks remarkably similar to "Minority Report" but hey? I'm a busy fellow. :eek: I don't get out to play much. :(

The one concern I have is how sore one's arms would become after just an hour of frantic work on this screen. A mouse lets you rest your hand on the desk. Unless they can find a way where you don't have to fight gravity, I think this thing could cause a lot of workers compensation claims! :confused:

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
I think it would be cool if they came out with an landscape A4 size aluminium display (since Tiger supports screen tilting).

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Just FYI, I just got this Acer LCD for $220 (had some vouchers) to go with my wife's new Mac mini. Note that the one in the pic is not the one for sale - the one for sale is black ONLY. No USB's on it, but it's nice for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.