Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsuma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
It seems that no readers, including Adobe Reader as of now, support layers in PDF documents.

Support for layers would allow me to insert "popup" images that appear whenever the user taps a certain phrase or area.

Last edited:

pdfmax

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
It seems that no readers, including Adobe Reader as of now, support layers in PDF documents.

Support for layers would allow me to insert "popup" images that appear whenever the user clicks a certain phrase or area, or even just hovers with the mouse above it.

Hi tsuma,

Please try PDF Max, free on the AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id540572073) to see its threaded-comments feature is what you're looking for.

Cheers :cool:

tsuma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Last edited:

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
"Corrected. I meant cursor."

What cursor? Are you using a device running the iOS operating system or are you using OSX?

tsuma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
"Corrected. I meant cursor."

What cursor? Are you using a device running the iOS operating system or are you using OSX?

Ah, sorry. I am talking about iOS only. No cursors, no hovering. However what I need is the feature when tapping an element brings up / hides a layer, in addition to having layer control via a "layers" menu or option (much like Adobe Reader on the desktop does).

To date all iOS PDF reading apps are built on an engine that does not have the ability to select which layers are shown and hidden.

Last edited:

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
Ah, sorry. I am talking about iOS only. No cursors, no hovering. However what I need is the feature when tapping an element brings up / hides a layer, in addition to having layer control via a "layers" menu or option (much like Adobe Reader on the desktop does).

To date all iOS PDF reading apps are built on an engine that does not have the ability to select which layers are shown and hidden.

OK, now that we are on the same page, I have no suggestions as to an App that will do what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.