Do any iOS PDF apps support layers?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by tsuma, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tsuma, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

macrumors newbie

It seems that no readers, including Adobe Reader as of now, support layers in PDF documents.

Support for layers would allow me to insert "popup" images that appear whenever the user taps a certain phrase or area.

2. macrumors 65816

What mouse?

3. macrumors member

pdfmax

Hi tsuma,

Please try PDF Max, free on the AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id540572073) to see its threaded-comments feature is what you're looking for.

Cheers :cool:

4. tsuma, Nov 28, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Corrected. I meant taps an area.

----------

Thanks, but I am looking for an iOS App that supports layers. In addition to my need, GEOPdf files also have layers.

5. macrumors 65816

"Corrected. I meant cursor."

What cursor? Are you using a device running the iOS operating system or are you using OSX?

6. tsuma, Nov 28, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, sorry. I am talking about iOS only. No cursors, no hovering. However what I need is the feature when tapping an element brings up / hides a layer, in addition to having layer control via a "layers" menu or option (much like Adobe Reader on the desktop does).

To date all iOS PDF reading apps are built on an engine that does not have the ability to select which layers are shown and hidden.

7. macrumors 65816

OK, now that we are on the same page, I have no suggestions as to an App that will do what you want.