Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Why don't you read all of your other threads instead of posting the same things under different names?? You Have been given a wealth of camera information and advice on photography already, by numerous qualified and knowledgeable people.

I'm sure you have seen the thread started up about you saying you're a troll? I don't think you are, but why do you keep asking the same questions??

I AM THE MAN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Why don't you read all of your other threads instead of posting the same things under different names?? You Have been given a wealth of camera information and advice on photography already, by numerous qualified and knowledgeable people.

I'm sure you have seen the thread started up about you saying you're a troll? I don't think you are, but why do you keep asking the same questions??

Im honestly trying to gain opinions from more people. I mean I usually said I would want to buy something from the T2i or T3i lineup, but I really wanted to know if buying a "low-cost" dslr would be efficient.

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Im honestly trying to gain opinions from more people. I mean I usually said I would want to buy something from the T2i or T3i lineup, but I really wanted to know if buying a "low-cost" dslr would be efficient.

I have offered answers to this question at least twice for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cybbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
I think people are too quick to dismiss the advantages of a higher resolution. All else equal, a higher resolution picture will provide more detail than a lower resolution one, which matters when it comes to cropping and printing. Of course, all else is seldom equal, but many new models have increased the megapixel count compared to their predecessors without any noticeable loss in e.g. low-light capabilities. I.e., you should not assume that a high resolution camera will be noisy.

Evaluate camera models and sample pictures, not megapixel counts.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
That is another reason I am considering a camers with 18mp.

It's not the MP that matters, but the lens. A 12MP camera and 18MP camera that both have the kit lens will not look different. If you zoom in all the way on the 18MP camera, it will look just as bad as with the 12MP, because the lens isn't sharp enough.

So unless you plan on spending a lot of money on a lens, the megapixels don't matter.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I strongly suggest you read sites such as http://www.dpreview.com for details on these cameras. Most of the information you're looking for is already online. And, as others have stated you've already asked the same question in several threads. You don't need more opinions, you need to do your research online and decide what you want.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
The only difference between a SLR and a regular point and shoot are the controls. A person shooting SLR can control speed/aperture/ISO where a P&S does it automatically.

If you shoot a SLR in automatic mode it's the same as a P&S. The only real logical reason to move to a SLR is if you have interest in learning how to really control speed/aperture/ISO settings. Else, the SLR on auto is an expensive P&S.

Lets not forget you can change the lenses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.