Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I annotate stuff on pdf files using an ipad while I'm in class and when I come home, I use my laptop to do some further editing. This goes on for ~1 week on the same pdf file until my prof finishes the pdf. Whenever I edit a pdf file on my laptop, do I need to download that edited version on my ipad and upload it again to icloud after I annotate more notes in class? It seems like a lot of work to do this every day. When I had a surface pro, I would just upload the file on dropbox and edit directly from dropbox. Can ipad do something similar?

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I annotate stuff on pdf files using an ipad while I'm in class and when I come home, I use my laptop to do some further editing. This goes on for ~1 week on the same pdf file until my prof finishes the pdf. Whenever I edit a pdf file on my laptop, do I need to download that edited version on my ipad and upload it again to icloud after I annotate more notes in class? It seems like a lot of work to do this every day. When I had a surface pro, I would just upload the file on dropbox and edit directly from dropbox. Can ipad do something similar?

Notability. End of story.

http://gingerlabs.com

Does everything you describe and keeps it all synced for you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.