Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mavens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
I am an avid hunter, and have recently been looking into filming some of my hunts come this fall. I've also been looking into purchasing my first IPOD (IE: I'm a complete novice with these things).... coincidently, the hunting camera I was checking out, here: http://www.bossbuck.com/products/survey/huntcam.html is said to be compatible with an IPOD for filming purposes, per the link on the above webpage referencing compatible camcorders, here: http://www.thehuntcam.com/productuse.htm (this is the sentence I'm referring to, about two thirds of the way down the page in the second link above: "Any brand Digital Video Recorder (DVR), IPOD, PDA or recording device with AV INPUT capability will work as well.")

However, I have not been able to figure out for certain whether or not an IPOD can act as a camcorder with this camera. In other words, do IPODS have A/V INPUT capabilities???

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your response, I really appreciate it!

Mavens

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I don't think it would work. If there was a way that you could use your ipod as a live storage for a video camera, I would have thought I would have heard about it. The only way I could see you managing a way to get the video on your ipod is if after you finished recording you then could import on the ipod like you would the memory cards etc from cameras through a usb port (added product through belkin or something else). I just can't seem that the ipod is capable of recording live video though and if it did, I don't think the battery would last long enough to make it worth it. I would check with the manufacture and ask them how its possible. My guess is they say you can do it after you connect it to the computer and import the video that is saved on the comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.