Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I purchased the Spigen Air Cushion for my iPhone 6 4.7 and the fit is pretty poor. The left side of the case where the volume buttons are doesn't fit right and it' loose. The buttons are hard to press also. Waste of my money. I'm going to try and return to Amazon

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
Can you find the correct name? I don't see a case by them called the Air Cushion. Just want to make sure I know which case to stay away from.

jrcsh6

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
I have it and don't have an issue with fitment. My only complaint is that it's as "slippery" as the phone since it's curved. Besides that plenty happy. I also ordered some ZooGue cases. Some of the best I've ever used!

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Mines making a popping sound when I press down on the right side under the power button. Which tells me it dosnt fit. Buttons work fine though. It's also pathetic how this case has slightly more lip then my tough armor case I just got. Spigen is starting to suck.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
i have this case and fits perfectly. May wanna take it out and then try putting it back in and make sure its line up properly.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I have this case on my 6, no problems with fitment, buttons are all fine. I love it.

Bishope1999

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2010
The Magpul bump case seems like a solid case for the iPhone. My friend bought it for his iPhone 5s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7nGgwW-QtA&list=UUgM26wgbc8nzVLtfZm_bm3g He said that the UAG case didn't fit as well on the iPhone 5s. Magpul case seems solid and offers good protection like the UAG case, but apparently it fits the iPhone 5s a a lot better than the UAG case, offers more protection than Spigen and doesn't add the bulk of OtterBox.

I would have given Magpul a shot for my GS4, but they didn't offer an all black case, so I got the UAG case, which fits perfectly on my phone. Not sure how long does Magpul take to release cases for the new iPhones though. They make gun accessories, so they use good materials on their phone cases. Another phone case maker to consider.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Pictures won't capture the misalignment. The case is just loose and the phone doesn't fit in there that tight. If you take your figure and push the phone around it will wiggle within the case. The volume buttons and power buttons take a bit of force to press and sometimes the power button is so hard to press that you end up pressing the volume buttons. I do not recommend this case.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Same issue here. I feel it's too loose on the sides. It's also hard to press the buttons. It'll most likely go back to Amazon.

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Do not buy Spigen Air Cushion Iphone 6

I ordered a the neo hybrid for the six plus and I got an email from Spigen telling me they are going to be shipping me a button stabilizer for my case. Got the email about 2 days after buying case.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Luvvitt is another good choice for cases. This case is very similar to the Spigen one from what I can tell.

From what I've seen on here and elsewhere, Spigen was having some issues with the buttons and was sending out stabilisers?

dancedreamfly

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
I have this case in the gunmetal color for the iPhone 6. It's perfect. Maybe the issue is isolated to a certain color/batch?

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Hmm.. I like the look of this case a lot and almost ordered on. Not sure what to do now with people lobbying both for and against it. :confused:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Thanks for the heads up. I have this sitting in front of me waiting for a phone to put it on. I originally just hoped it provided a little protection until I could see a case that I would settle on so there won't be too much love loss; however, it would be nice if it fit. From a company like Spigen, I figured I was safe.

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I bought this just to have some kind of protection until I found another one. Mine fits like a glove and so far having no problems with it at all.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JH88BTI?vs=1

This case.

Was is sold by and shipped by Amazon? If not it could be a fake. These are one of the most copied cases around.

The UAG cases are nice. They last a long time and feel nice in the hand.

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Someone said on another thread that they preferred the Ringke Fusion one better. You can get it in completely clear also (which is what I want) but someone said the Ringke has a little bit more of a lip and fits better but I can't personally verify that. I have the Spigen one and really it is fine but I just don't think it has enough of a lip for me to protect the screen so I might try this Ringke Fusion one. Also the Ringke has covers for the two holes on the bottom so you have to decide if you like that.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-P...e+6+Case+-+Ringke+FUSION+iPhone+6+(4.7")+Case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAHHS7I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A8YCUEQIOX5AP

I also saw a two-piece clear case with just a little accent color I might try if the above still does not have enough lip since this one has a built in screen protector.

http://www.amazon.com/roocase-Gelle...ywords=rooCASE+iPhone+6+Case,+by+Gelledge+5.5

Last edited:

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
also wanted to add, YMMV, as everyone has different tastes and expectations but for me, I do not think this case is great. Looks good, but the fit and usability is not to my standards.

dancedreamfly

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
People looking for a case similar to this might consider the Ringke Fusion, as already mentioned, or the Poetic Atmosphere, although that one is a matte back case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.