Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Tilmitt said:
Apple isn't using the latest PowerPC chips available to them. You can already get even lower power G4's from freescale with twice the L2 cache and higher frequency than the PowerBook G4's. There are dual core G4's already sampling that Apple could've used. On top of that there are new G5 cores with way improved memory latency that gives a massive boost. Apple doesn't use these because the "4x" Intel performance boost would rapidly disappear. Apple chose x86 for security in knowing that they can never again be behind or ahead of the competition. In order to justify the switch to you guys they have to come up with some clever marketing. That's all Intel ever is...marketing. Fitting that they should fool their own users using their new masters technique. Of course you buy it...enjoy your integrated graphics and ugly CPU's.

LOL.... well i hope your PBg4 never takes a dump on you... maybe you should buy a backup before they all dissappear :p if not... you might have to buy one of those crappy intel macs with integrated graphics and an ugly cpu :p

its funny that you mention that... that was the first thing i noticed when i took delivery of my nice new intel iMac... Damn that cpu is ugly!

Tilmitt

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Electro Funk said:
LOL.... well i hope your PBg4 never takes a dump on you... maybe you should buy a backup before they all dissappear :p if not... you might have to buy one of those crappy intel macs with integrated graphics and an ugly cpu :p

its funny that you mention that... that was the first thing i noticed when i took delivery of my nice new intel iMac... Damn that cpu is ugly!

Well if the CPU goes I can always get a CPU upgrade for my PowerBook off daystar, with a new core and everything. I most definitely will never ever buy an Intel "Mac". I'll buy a faster hard drive for it too and hold out as the last bastion of elegance against the mangled x86 horde! Or so I say to hype myself up. If my PowerBook does die...well we'll see what options there are then. I'd love to be still here 20 years after I bought it still using it. Haven't had this a year yet though! Ah that's a long shot though considering the new tech that'll be out by then. Still I'll most certainly try and enjoy myself in my little righteous crusade.

Anyway, what is life if you can't stand up for what's right.

dr_lha

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Tilmitt said:
I'd love to be still here 20 years after I bought it still using it.

:D

Sorry, just thinking about the concept of me using right now the computer I owned 20 years ago!

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Tilmitt said:
I most definitely will never ever buy an Intel "Mac" ...

I guess Apple will just have to replace your purchase with a switcher, which I think will probably happen. And seriously, I think there are more important things to stand up for than what processor architecture a computer manufacturer decides to use.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Tilmitt said:
I'd love to be still here 20 years after I bought it still using it.

Thanks for the laugh! :D Yeah, I can just see myself using my old Apple //e in this day and age with it's lightning fast 1 MHz processor and 64k of RAM. That's all I'd need to run OS X, right? :cool:

Tilmitt said:

Apple using Intel processors is not a matter of being "right" or "wrong", more so it's your opinion of Apple's actions - it's a matter of objective versus subjective. You might as well also ban anything that is red from your house, because you decide that red things aren't "right". :p :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.