Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I have listened to the song Pon de Replay by Rihanna, 230 times since I first heard it a few weeks ago. Is something wrong with me, or do other people also get hooked on a song that they hear?

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
Umm yea. Definitely NOT as much as that. Wow. 230 times? Haha. Why would you even count the times you listened to it? Or did the iTunes counter count it up?

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Maybe. I've been listening to the album Blueberry Boat by The Fiery Furnaces for about two weeks now. The average song play-count for the songs is about 40. :eek:

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
skipskop24 said:
Umm yea. Definitely NOT as much as that. Wow. 230 times? Haha. Why would you even count the times you listened to it? Or did the iTunes counter count it up?

iTunes counted it up, so that doesn't count all the times I listened to it on my iPod.

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
My De-Lovely soundtrack got listened so much, the top song on it was listened 109 times, others get at least 90s... Or the Loco Roco demo song... I can't stop hearing it in my head... I WANT THAT GAME!!!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I think there's a problem with you for getting addicted to that song. Otherwise I'd say no.

I always get addicted to songs. I'll go through phases where I'll listen to the same song hundreds of times for about two weeks, then I'll get bored and move on.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I'm a dweller. I tend to inhabit new albums when I get them -- just listen over and over.

I used to commute with a good friend who would be listening to a new CD almost every week -- whereas on my driving days, we'd listen to the same CD for months on end.

Current obsession remains Illinoise.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Oh and didn't you say you were gonna leave Mac Rumors macgeek2005? Whatever happened to that?

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
macgeek2005 said:
iTunes counted it up, so that doesn't count all the times I listened to it on my iPod.

Your counter on iTunes also counts how many times you've played it on your iPod too when you connect it to your computer.

I get stuck on songs/albums though not to that extreme. Right now I'm listening to David Gray a lot.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
killuminati said:
Oh and didn't you say you were gonna leave Mac Rumors macgeek2005? Whatever happened to that?

I decided not too cause you guys are awesome.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Yep...each has over a hundred plays now:

One Headlight - Wallflowers
Run - Snow Patrol
Meant to Live - Switchfoot
Holes to Heaven - Jack Johnson
All the Things She Said - t.A.T.u
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
Collide - Howie Day
Whole - Benjamin Bates

:D So, yes. I get addicted to songs.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Yes this happens to me all the time. It's quite bad actually. I'll find a song I like and listen to it 100+ times until I am sick of it. Then I move to another new song and repeat the process...

bobscliff

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
NYC
haiggy said:
Yes this happens to me all the time. It's quite bad actually. I'll find a song I like and listen to it 100+ times until I am sick of it. Then I move to another new song and repeat the process...

Yes you have to be careful not to beat a song to death. I cant even listen to "American Pie" anymore...

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
macgeek2005 said:
I decided not too cause you guys are awesome.
Yay.

I'm gotten addicted to some songs.
Namely:
-Too many of Arcade Fire's songs to name
-A few Modest Mouse songs
-"Me and Mia" by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
and... I admit it. "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
thedude110 said:
Before Illinoise I was really living in Funeral. Neighborhoods #1, especially.
Yes! I'm living in it and Arcade Fire's EP at the moment.
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) is definitely one of the ones I was addicted to!

itcheroni

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2005
CA
killuminati said:
I think there's a problem with you for getting addicted to that song.

Yeah, this is just me, but I think that song causes bile to shoot up into my chest and numb my extremities.

Or is it a case of listening to something you hate; you hate it but can't turn it off either? This happens to me with Maroon 5. For some reason, I like torturing myself. When they come on the radio, I leave it on, and it sort of calms me, like when you're so frustrated with something you give up.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
A song that I never heard when it was released in the 80s came to my attention about 2 months ago and it really has me hooked ... "Fascinated" by Company B.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.