Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i do, it's an odd habit, i'll just start tapping the trackpad, then lay it down with some soft whacking of the keys till i have a little beat going, it's very odd.

with my macbook i get different sounds from the trackpad button the keys the trackpad and the palm rests.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I do it on ANY surface available.

I'm pretty sure when people are around me, they want to kill me.. but I'm trying to grow out my nails and tapping stimulates the nailbed, making them grow faster.
Or so I've been told...
*glares at short nails*

I don't do it to my PowerBook because I'm afraid of marring my beautiful baby. It's bad enough she's pitting!

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
it's odd to me that people try to grow nails, i can never be bothered to cut them but i hate them, they are constantly 2mm or so too long.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think I do sometimes, but what annoys me is (and I'm in marching band) when wind players think they're percussion and carry around drumsticks, thinking they can play the Concord BDB drum intro on any hard surface.

Mord

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i cant play drums for ****, i'm strings only, and i dont pretend to, i just tend to get musical on the keyboard.... no not that type.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I won't say I ever lay down beats on my computer but I am guilty of typing to song... try it sometime... it's fun... it's especially easy to do when you know exactly what you're going to type (like when I code)... it's like you're playing the song on your computer keyboard... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.