Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I agree.
It would be nice to get away from the wall of icons look (as an option), like in Android.
But I sure wouldn't count on it. Apple doesn't really believe in giving people much choice as far as customizing iOS goes.

I used to think the same thing, but with the last AppleTV software update, they included the option to HIDE applications that you choose. Maybe they'll allow the same thing in a future version of the iPhone/iPad variant of iOS.

Either way, it's time for Apple to increase the screen size. I've mentioned this before, but Motorola builds a phone with a 4.7" screen that is only slightly larger than the iPhone 5/5s. It can be done.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
iPhone 6 4.7" rumor is everywhere. I prefer 4.0" screen because it's convenient, I don't carry a bag so 4.0" is easier for me. Maybe women like big size since they usually carrying a bag?

I am curious this Tim Cook just planning to do change screen thing in his whole CEO period?

We have to see at the iPhone 6 before saying something about it.
I surely need a really portable smartphone, but a 4.5-4.7" display could be awesome.
I really trust Apple when we speak about devices design, so I'm very excited awaiting iPhone 6

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
As long as the design of the next iPhone is ergonomic, I don't mind if Apple moves from a 4" to a 4.7" display. Usability is more important to me than just a number.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
I used to think the same thing, but with the last AppleTV software update, they included the option to HIDE applications that you choose. Maybe they'll allow the same thing in a future version of the iPhone/iPad variant of iOS.

Either way, it's time for Apple to increase the screen size. I've mentioned this before, but Motorola builds a phone with a 4.7" screen that is only slightly larger than the iPhone 5/5s. It can be done.

Honestly if it isn't like the motto X dimensions I will be pretty disappointed.

MikeTheHustler

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Definitely the 4.7" bezel-less iPhone6
iphone61.jpg

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I have my doubts on bazeless screen as case can't protect the screen any more without covering some of the screen.

Lerxt

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
If they don't do a 4.7 and even a 5.5 they might as well say goodbye to sales in Asia. No one here has a small screen, like 4".

SouthsideJohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
I cringe when watching people juggling their big phones because they can't hold it and operate it with one hand. I don't want to be a part of that world.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
As I get older a larger screen makes sense :(

I like to keep the phone in shirt pocket. No sitting on it, and pants pockets have wallet and keys already.

The 5 didn't fit as well, being a little too tall. A 4.7 (or 5.5, or 6.9) inch screen will be even more noticeable, and may not fit in the pocket at all.

davew41

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
I think we all are just going to have to hold it in our hands when it is released and see how we feel about it at that time..

Right now I am happy with the size of my 5s with a life proof case, I can reach everything with one hand and it still fits in the pocket easily..

infinity12402

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
NY
Im pretty excited at the prospect of a 5.5 in iphone. the reason i left apple was because the screen is too small for me.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I want the phone to be smaller than my 5s. I want the screen bigger. In other words, I want a bezelless phone.

----------

In fact when I had a RAZR flip phone I was excited for an even smaller phone to come out. I miss those days.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I will be grabbing the 4.7 when it comes out for personal use since I think it will have a bigger screen which is needed but will still fit in the pocket fine. I will also be grabbing the 5.5 inch if the resolution is different than the 4.7 since I will need it for testing.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I'm interested in the 4.7. Would have to play with it first before blindly ordering as I'm still loving the size of my iPhone 5. I like the concept of a 5.5, but I feel it would just be too big for practical use (my practical use, not everyone elses). If anyone can make it small enough and usable, it's Apple, so I'm interested to see it. Based on all of these reports from today about higher prices for the iPhone 6, I think it should only apply to a 5.5. If 4.7 iPhone 6 is the equivalent to a 5s, and a 4.0 size is to the 5c, then it makes sense to charge more for the 5.5 and Apple could definitely get away with doing so. If it is a very usable 5.5 and fits my needs, I would be open to paying more than the 4.7, and I'm cheap as hell, haha!

roxics

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
iPhone 6 should have a 6" screen. I kid. That's a little big for me personally. But I am warming up to the idea of a 5.5" even though it isn't that far off.

Been reading with iBooks lately and a bigger screen would be nice.

Ideally I'd like to just see a 5" screen. I had a GS4 for a couple days and I hated it, but loved the size of the screen and was surprised how well it fit in my pocket. The thinner design helped.

I just hope it isn't an extra 6 months for the bigger version to come out. Would like to see both available at the same time.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Wait another year until everyone keeps complaining that 4.7" screen is too small. :D

Personally, I'm fine with the 4" on my 5s. I'll see how a bigger screen iPhone feels in my hands before I purchase it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.