Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
hans wrote above:
[[ But now I have turned off translucency effects, everything runs smoothly again. I am almost surprised but happy to see that WindowServer is sitting somewhere around 1-2% CPU all the time. ]]

Could you explain just HOW one turns off the "translucency effects" in Yosemite?

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
hans wrote above:
[[ But now I have turned off translucency effects, everything runs smoothly again. I am almost surprised but happy to see that WindowServer is sitting somewhere around 1-2% CPU all the time. ]]

Could you explain just HOW one turns off the "translucency effects" in Yosemite?

Under "accessibility" is system preferences.

Cardsnk

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Under "accessibility" is system preferences.

I think that's "transparency", i also don't get it why people post it as translucency. Well in my unit at least, it says transparency, and reducing transparency is what it does.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 153

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I think that's "transparency", i also don't get it why people post it as translucency. Well in my unit at least, it says transparency, and reducing transparency is what it does.

whatever it is called, it is said top help a bit to check it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.