Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I don't think I've seen anyone use their iPod Video and watch Music Videos or Movies. Where I work out 4/10 who own iPod's are Videos and I just find it strange that no one uses it...

Also, is there a case that have neck strap? I tried several stores include Apple and they don't make...again strange that I found one for Nano?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yes, I very regularly use my iPod Video to watch movies/videos on. I find the screen fine for watching videos, I don't need a widescreen display, as none of the movies/videos I watch are widescreen.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
I don't think I've seen anyone use their iPod Video and watch Music Videos or Movies. Where I work out 4/10 who own iPod's are Videos and I just find it strange that no one uses it...

I absolutely use mine to watch videos. I have encoded a whole load of full length movies and TV shows for it. The screen is small but very clear and I used it extensively on a long flight recently. The capacity is the best part as I have an 80GB iPod. I could have got loads more on it if I had only encoded at 320x240 but I have used 640x480 so I can plug it into a TV. Last night we watched a movie with it plugged into an LCD HDTV and the picture was quite reasonable. Not full DVD quality but watchable. I also have a Sony PSP with 1GB memory stick but I don't use it as much as capacity trumps the bigger screen every time.

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2006
Wonderland
I'll occasionally watch a music video on mine, if I'm bored. I have some TV shows on there that I've never bothered to watch. The screen is too goddamn small.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
I do. When I have free time in my uni I watch movies, music videos.

But I mainly just use my iPod for music and file storage ("Other" files take about 28 gigs on mine and the iPod is full at the moment) ;)

iLoveMyMBP

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2007
New York
I mainly use my ipod for my huuge music collection...but i do keep my 5 favorite movies on my ipod for emegerencys like sitting at in the ER or waiting in line at the DMV

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
i have a nano so watching movies is out of the question.

but i do intent to buy a widescreen nano to watch vids if apple makes one.

myjellyass

macrumors regular
May 1, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Before my ipod broke (my fault, nobody elses), I used it for videos all the time. Especially when using video out through a tv. I currently have 142 TV Shows and 42 movies which i used to rotate onto my ipod, just putting on what i was in the mood to watch and taking off whatever I had watched recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.