Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
When I watched the keynote, the motion faces were the most intriguing to me. I don't why but I just love those moving images against the dark background. Now that I have a watch, I feel like they were made more for demo than use. They tend to take take too long to show up. Anybody else feel the same?

Reactions: samiznaetekto

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Agreed. I saw the jellyfish variation as the only one worth using and I was done looking at the time before the thing even started to appear.

Definitely a neat demo feature.

Reactions: alxz1194

schmidt65

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Same here. Surprised they take so long to appear, makes the watch face completely pointless other than a demo feature.

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
When I watched the keynote, the motion faces were the most intriguing to me. I don't why but I just love those moving images against the dark background. Now that I have a watch, I feel like they were made more for demo than use. They tend to take take too long to show up. Anybody else feel the same?

My friend uses the butterfly version and is loving it :D

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Same here. Surprised they take so long to appear, makes the watch face completely pointless other than a demo feature.
Agreed. I would actually use one of them if they would appear right away. As it is, the watch turns off too soon after the animation appears.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I'd love it as a screensaver on my Mac. I'd get to appreciate the work that went into filming it.

Seems wasted on the watch, "quick glance" and all.

bh85

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2015
Midwest
It would of been nicer if the watch face stayed on, that way you can watch the motion all the time. Unfortunately, like this, you can only see it for what, like 5 seconds.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Yes, I use the jellyfish also but I hardly ever see it. It takes too long to appear, and by then I've already seen the time and have no need to continue staring.

I really hope they speed this up someday, because they're sort of mesmerizing to watch.

Heh... Watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.