Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
All have iPhones at moment. Thinking of joining Apple Music family plan, which allows 6 people in same family. But will this still allow someone in the family plan who has an android to still be part of the same family plan?

Thanks

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Yes. You need to use Family Sharing to get a Family Apple Music subscription. Each family member has their own Apple ID. Once you join a Family Group that has an active Family Apple Music subscription, each Apple ID has Apple Music access, and they operate as individual accounts with a single $14.99 payment billed to the Family Organiser (in this case, you).

The Android user then simply logs in to the Apple Music app using their Apple ID.

androidpit-apple-music-android-app-1-w782.jpg

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have family sharing setup currently on all our iPhones. I was just wondering if one or more moved to android can you still family share with Music only obviously, on iOS and android.

On a similar vein, can you use iTunes credit to pay for the monthly music subscription? Will it use any iTunes credit first?

Reason being is my iCloud sub is taken from iTunes credit I have, and often these are 20% off so would make cheaper for music also.

Thanks

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have family sharing setup currently on all our iPhones. I was just wondering if one or more moved to android can you still family share with Music only obviously, on iOS and android.

On a similar vein, can you use iTunes credit to pay for the monthly music subscription? Will it use any iTunes credit first?

Reason being is my iCloud sub is taken from iTunes credit I have, and often these are 20% off so would make cheaper for music also.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.