Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I prefer the design of the HTC One X more, but the One is a damn fine looking, all business, few gimmicks smart phone.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I am not a big htc person as I don't like sense but I personally thought the droid dna was better looking.

f4-1.png

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Just played with the One and WOW...stunning device. Best screen I've seen on a phone and build quality and design is phenomenal. Like what HTC did with the UI too. Responsive, smooth and great fonts. Didn't have an issue with power button placement either.

If I was in the market for a non-Apple flagship...no question. Might even trade my N4 for it.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
It's the first time a phone has come out that makes me actually want to do the switch. I think the phone is beautiful and the OS looks great.

I'm debating it but waiting for a little more real world testing of it, seeing how the GS4 is and if Googles and Apples event has anything that catches my eye.

I'm still a huge Apple fan boy and will always be, they build great products. I have an iPad, 2 Apple TVs, MBP, iMac and an iPhone 5, but think it would be cool to mix it up a little and have an HTC One.

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
i am also waiting for apple for their next product... if nothing new comes along the way:mad: i am going for htc one

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Had a play with a working model in the O2 shop in Harrogate this afternoon, the device is beautifully crafted with a screen to die for, I like the OS and was really impressed with Blinkfeed, bottom line is, IMHO, tis a stunner, and my first impression is that one would need to look far and wide to find a better phone. :)

appletoandroid

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
4.7 inch screen on a phone the size of an Xperia Z...

Largest bezel in the industry...

People complain about Samsung making larger and larger devices, how about HTC making larger and larger bezels...

Pass, I'll gladly wait for the GS4!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
4.7 inch screen on a phone the size of an Xperia Z...

Largest bezel in the industry...

People complain about Samsung making larger and larger devices, how about HTC making larger and larger bezels...

Pass, I'll gladly wait for the GS4!

Exageration is such a talent, I bet you are mighty at making mountains out molehills too......

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I really like it! Screen size is perfect - not too big, not too small, plus its 1080p.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
It's my opinion people here put too much emphasis on how the phone looks over how it functions. Form over function.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't buy the technically best smartphone on the planet if it was pink and hello kitty shaped. At the same time if it looks like a smartphone I'll pick function over form 9 times out of 10.

Makes me wonder if a lot of people choose an iPhone just because it looks nice and has an Apple logo on it. Which is fine, not my money but my prioritize are in other places.

Form follows function.

People want the functionality, but also wants the form to fit their lifestyle and personality.

How is it any different from buying a car?

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
It's my opinion people here put too much emphasis on how the phone looks over how it functions. Form over function.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't buy the technically best smartphone on the planet if it was pink and hello kitty shaped. At the same time if it looks like a smartphone I'll pick function over form 9 times out of 10.

Makes me wonder if a lot of people choose an iPhone just because it looks nice and has an Apple logo on it. Which is fine, not my money but my prioritize are in other places.

I could not agree more. It seems that looks of the phone are more important than anything. People just pass over most android phones because they are plastic. Sure I want a good looking phone, but I want it to work well too.

appletoandroid

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2013
I could not agree more. It seems that looks of the phone are more important than anything. People just pass over most android phones because they are plastic. Sure I want a good looking phone, but I want it to work well too.

Well, I'll agree w/ you on this one. For iOS, it just doesn't work at all. So many people missing out on Android b/c they think plastic is cheap, when it is truly the highest build quality of any smartphone on the market.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
HTC has been known for their designs the past couple of years.

The real issue these days is not design. It's HTC's (especially in the USA) lack of timely Android updates.

And of course HTC has never been know for good battery life.

I'll wait a few weeks to see what kind of reviews people are giving the HTC One before considering it.

saha-med

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
Well, I'll agree w/ you on this one. For iOS, it just doesn't work at all. So many people missing out on Android b/c they think plastic is cheap, when it is truly the highest build quality of any smartphone on the market.

there is the word "quality" in build quality

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

I'll wait a few weeks to see what kind of reviews people are giving the HTC One before considering it.

Battery life from us who have the device here in Europe is very good all told. I'm getting through a medium-heavy day on 3G & Wifi with around 40-45% left on my battery.

Read the big HTC thread for the breakdown of daily activity etc..

The one is the first Android handset I've had where the battery life was consistent on a daily basis, previously with other Android devices it could be ok one day, then terrible the next.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
HTC has been known for their designs the past couple of years.

The real issue these days is not design. It's HTC's (especially in the USA) lack of timely Android updates.

You can bet ill be brutally honest about htc ones shortcomings if there are any. I'm known for it. ;)

Ditto for any phone I may get in the future.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You can bet ill be brutally honest about htc ones shortcomings if there are any. I'm known for it. ;)

Ditto for any phone I may get in the future.

lol..... yes!! we all know :p

But try and appreciate the good stuff before you attack the bad, and when you make a list of it's problems (we all know what they are going to be at this stage .. i.e. Sense, button placement, power button) try and see if you can take a good point and counter balance it against each of the bad.

It makes the focus much more balanced :) I try and do that with every device I get regardless of who its by too.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I can see why you were banned now...every post is about how your iPhone is better...

He just enjoys trolling this forum section, his latest troll about how you have to have an iPhone if you want to attract girls was priceless in its moroseness and shows how utterly moribund his opinions are.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Just spent a few days solid with an HTC One, will post my full thoughts later.

But as a teaser, trust me - it is very good.

UPDATE:

I've posted my review in the main big HTC One thread. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

auzzuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
great ... waiting for your review ? does it drain battery? sound quality? zero gap built in quality? call reception?and so om ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.