Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
My Library was turned off and I lost all my music and now I'm trying to get it back on LTE but nothing is happening... Does it require WiFi to work and get all my music to show up again?

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Is 'Use Cellular Data' switched on in Settings: Music?

Yes, I can use all the features of Apple Music, including downloading offline music, while on cellular. iCloud Music Library just won't work on cellular after signing out of my Apple ID and losing all my music when it turned off the iCloud Music Library setting... I turned it back on and my music library just remains empty.

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
Yes, I can use all the features of Apple Music, including downloading offline music, while on cellular. iCloud Music Library just won't work on cellular after signing out of my Apple ID and losing all my music when it turned off the iCloud Music Library setting... I turned it back on and my music library just remains empty.
It's faster on wifi sometimes on cellular takes a little bit try turning off and back on

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
It's faster on wifi sometimes on cellular takes a little bit try turning off and back on

I fixed it finally. It does actually require WiFi to do the initial library load to make all your iCloud Music Library content show up. I just connected to some public WiFi and it showed "Loading Library" and then all my music was back.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

I've experienced this as well... I thought this was Apple servers, but option to turn "music library" on and off worked first time, every-time, i can only guess its just due to cellular.

same thing with "loading library"... has to be on wi-fi... (maybe its just a requires "better" cellular connection ??, no idea), but once library is loaded on Wi-Fi, i can switch to cellular and play ok without buffering, which means it can't always be cellular. Though still an issue, outside of Apple.]

I have 4G and its actually faster than my home DSL. Been though many iPhone's and all of them experienced the same, so its defiantly provider.

Not saying that it "requires wifi" but this is my experience... Yours may be different.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.