Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
If I delete a conversation on my iPhone, it does not delete on my iPad... Is it supposed to? Thanks.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I can verify it does not delete message off my Mac when I clear them from my phone. I actually prefer this behavior (so expect apple to change it right?).

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Like others have said, it does not.

I for one would like for the messages to sync completely and that means deleting everywhere when I delete them on one device.

russ472

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
Like others have said, it does not.

I for one would like for the messages to sync completely and that means deleting everywhere when I delete them on one device.

I was going to open a thread about this exact thing. I really wish apple would give the option to sync text deleting.

ttmrn

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
tx
and when that happens, u'll have another group of pple who will rant and hate it.
much like the photo issue. photostream vs camera roll.

n guess what, in the end, they brought camera roll back (the ability to be able to delete photos without affecting all the others photos in the other devices). [almost akin to wanting to delete the messages and have it sync across all devices]

venividivigor

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2013
Apple should do what they do with iBooks, when you want to delete a book on one device, it prompts you whether to just delete it there or across all devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.