Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The new member

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Watching the keynote, I noticed a video cable connected to the phone. Will this cable go on sale?

babyj

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
Wasn't that just a hack job done to get the display on the big screen?

I can't remember if there was a headphone socket on it, if there was then I'd imagine you can hook it up to a TV the same as a standard iPod.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Hi
It does have a headphone jack but it's audio only, as far as I'm aware.

babyj is correct. The video connection they had for the keynote was a modified iPhone with a "special board" so that they could show what's on the phone on the big screen, Jobs said it himself.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
Hmmm...does the iPhone connect to the dock? If so, can't it work through the A/V dock?

It does, and one would think that this would work just fine. But I will say I agree with those that the cable shown during the keynote certainly looked like a hack job.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
The iPhone in the presentation had a special board that Steve said was there to give "digital video" to the projector - I'd imagine so that the quality was exactly like what was on the screen - Apple's keynote slides are projected in high definition, a regular composite or SVideo output wouldn't look so good at that size.

I would be very surprised if it didn't have A/V out like the iPod does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.