Does iPhone have TV out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The new member, Jan 28, 2007.

1. The new member macrumors member

Watching the keynote, I noticed a video cable connected to the phone. Will this cable go on sale?

2. babyj macrumors 6502a

Wasn't that just a hack job done to get the display on the big screen?

I can't remember if there was a headphone socket on it, if there was then I'd imagine you can hook it up to a TV the same as a standard iPod.

3. MacCheetah3 macrumors 6502

Hi
    It does have a headphone jack but it's audio only, as far as I'm aware.

babyj is correct. The video connection they had for the keynote was a modified iPhone with a "special board" so that they could show what's on the phone on the big screen, Jobs said it himself.

4. mikeymoves macrumors member

Hmmm...does the iPhone connect to the dock? If so, can't it work through the A/V dock?

5. dernhelm macrumors 68000

dernhelm

It does, and one would think that this would work just fine. But I will say I agree with those that the cable shown during the keynote certainly looked like a hack job.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The iPhone in the presentation had a special board that Steve said was there to give "digital video" to the projector - I'd imagine so that the quality was exactly like what was on the screen - Apple's keynote slides are projected in high definition, a regular composite or SVideo output wouldn't look so good at that size.

I would be very surprised if it didn't have A/V out like the iPod does.