Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hdhanani

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I recently installed Navizon on my iPT but the app can't locate my postion. Is this only exclusive to the US or are other Canadians using it without any problems?

As well, if I am the only one are there any suggestions?

hdhanani

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Vancouver, BC
interesting... maybe it is the lack of wi-fi hot spots in my area all thought I see about 4 or 5 networks in my range... i'll give it a try again... thanks!

RobotBanana

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
Works in Canada for me. At home, it locates me as across the street and one house down. The only other time I've tried is was on St. Clair near Oakwood, and it nailed my position spot on. The only problem is since you don't have cell tower access or an actual GPS unit, ALL it can use to locate you is nearby WiFi points. So if people haven't mapped those WiFi points with an actual GPS unit, it won't work. Also, since you don't have constant internet access through cell towers, you have to be connected to a WiFi point in order for it to locate you.

Oh, and make sure you have the iPhone Google Maps application installed. Otherwise it never actually maps you out unless you hit Directions while it's trying to do so, in which case it opens up Safari at the Google Maps site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.