1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iPhone Does this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MVRL, Sep 19, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

MVRL

You can use Siri to access and view the Calendar/Appointments without unlocking your phone. Does this bother anyone else?

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

siri prompts me to enter my password in order to view my calendar. use a passcode = problem solved.

3. macrumors 601

You can disable access to Siri on the lock screen when you have a passcode set. If it bothered me that much, I'd turn on a passcode and disable Siri on the lock screen.

4. macrumors regular

MVRL

I do have a passcode set up. It doesn't even require me to input it, Siri just pulls up my cal and appointments up.

5. macrumors newbie

Opinion: Siri is useless.

6. macrumors 601

Turn the Siri toggle to "On" in the passcode lock settings.

7. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

well then theres something wrong with your phone. for me siri says she needs me to unlock the phone first before proceeding.

8. macrumors regular

MVRL

that's the issue. I use Siri for timers and conversions a lot, I don't want to have to unlock every time and do it manually, but there should be an option to keep Cal and appointments, IM conversations private.

9. macrumors 601

Well unfortunately Apple doesn't provide that level of tweaking. It's all or nothing.

If you don't want people asking Siri about your appointments, don't leave your phone in places where this should be an issue.

10. macrumors regular

MVRL

I don't know, my GF's 4S does the exact same thing as mine. Hers is on iOS7 as well.. I guess there's something wrong with both of our phones. /S

or try saying: "Show me my appointments for tomorrow"

11. macrumors regular

MVRL

this sounds more like an oversight than anything, because contact list is locked behind the passcode for security, and yet calendar and messages aren't.