Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Before anyone deletes this, I am NOT asking for anyone to register me, nor am I trying to trade UDIDs or anything of the sort.

If I manage to obtain the developer preview of Mavericks, does my iMac have to be registered with a dev account like the iPhones/iPads do for iOS? Or will I be able to install it no problem? I hope this is a legit question to ask, still relatively new around here (as far as the release of new OS' goes)

Thanks!

mdapple

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
im not really a beta person since i prefer stable builds, but i think the answer is yes

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
No but this will probably get locked, because the question implies illegal installation.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Usually your mac does not need to be registered to a developer account. You should be able to install it fine… but if you have a developer account and were to install it you wouldn't have this issue ;)

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Usually your mac does not need to be registered to a developer account. You should be able to install it fine… but if you have a developer account and were to install it you wouldn't have this issue ;)

Well, I was under the impression that buying an Apple developer account WOULD get me legitimate access. But evidently iOS and Mac dev accounts come with their own $100 price tag. Not spending another $100 to try it early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.