Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your MacBook Moo?

• Yes

Votes: 59 54.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 45.4%

• Total voters

YenZi

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2006
Mooooos as hell

Mine moos etremely bad. With Linux in a Parallels VM
it constantely moos. What I just found out is, that if the MacBook is in horizontal position ( and that is the position I usualy use such devices ) the fans growl. Whe lifting the MacBook into a diagonal position the fans are much much more silent. So I think, I will return mine the next days, since it seems, that this is an additional problem to the one, that the fans start,stop,start,stop,moo,moo,moo, forerver ...

Arch

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2006
Moobook with Mac Cow

I spoke to a tech and they are aware of the problem. I hope that they come up with a software of hardware fix for the moo and the heat. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

spikeovsky

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Beijing
Argh! I shouldn't have read these posts... Mine moos, but I hadn't really noticed it before. It is quite quiet -- I don't think you would notice it in a standard office/classroom environment, but it's definitely there. Actually kind of funny. More annoying for me is the squishy trackpad, but it seems to be better now after following the instructions here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2355971&#2355971

xoko

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
moooooo

Yes my MacBook moos like an orphaned calf on a winters night. Its a 4H6212..... and I have read this is a common complaint. It also feels quite hot - almost untouchable in places. Is it fixable?

jonwsmith

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2006
MooFix Widget

I became so frustrated with my mooing MacBook that I decided to create a dashboard widget that prevents the mooing noise.

I have also created a petition to hopefully get Apple to release an official fix.

Check out http://www.moofix.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.