Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diorio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2002
Who's not going to notice a burning sensations "down there"? Cmon, you'd have to have no feeling in your "member" not to feel that.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: Does yours get hot?

Originally posted by steve-not-jobs
Ti users read this warning.
Personally I'll keep my on my desk.......... :eek:
Now that's exactly the type of reason to stay away from the hotter running x86s and keep the cooler/lower power PPCs.

And even lower heat can be a problem if left for awhile on bare skin, remember you are continually pumping :) heat into your skin when you leave it in your lap.

After all they do warn about staying in the hot tub too long due to the possibility of turning the bather into soup.

Laptops have always been a hot item but a 50-year-old scientist didn't realise just how much until he burned his *****.

The previously healthy father of two remembered feeling a burning sensation after he had been writing a report at home for about an hour with the computer on his lap.

He noticed a redness and irritation the following day but it wasn't until he was examined by a doctor that he realised how much damage had been done.

"The ventral part of his scrotal skin had turned red, and there was a blister with a diameter of about two centimetres (0.8 inches)," Claes-Gorn Ostenson, of the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, wrote in a letter published in The Lancet medical journal on Friday.
Would have been funnier if he became the first to win a Darwin award with his laptop.
attachment.php

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
If the guy feels a burning sensation for an hour and doesn't investigate it leads me to believe he had a prior condition.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
My god that is lame. U mean to tell me that this guy couldn't feel the warmth building up on him throughout the course of an hour?! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.