Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
BBC Link

Overall, the dogs correctly selected the bladder cancer urine on 22 out of 54 occasions.

This success rate of 41% was significantly more than the 14% that could be expected by chance alone.

Also, all of the dogs indicated one of the "bladder cancer free" samples as positive. This patient had been investigated prior to the study and no tumour had been found.

The patient's doctor was sufficiently concerned by the dogs' behaviour to do further tests.

These revealed a tumour in the patient's right kidney which had escaped diagnosis by usual medical tests.

Interesting stuff...

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
sethypoo said:
My dog can always seem to tell when my g/f is on her period. He just starts acting funny, and won't stop nuzzling her crotch when she's on it.

Weird.....

you sure that was your dog?

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
sethypoo said:
My dog can always seem to tell when my g/f is on her period. He just starts acting funny, and won't stop nuzzling her crotch when she's on it.

Weird.....

I believe that's a rather natural thing that happens, seriously, with most dogs and female humans.
–Chase

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
sethypoo said:

Weird.....

Our dogs have always been more more interested in my wife's underwear. Recently it's the one that likes to lick her injuries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.