Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
France
Hi guys,

just wanted to warn some of you if you were interested in buying a silicone Apple case for your 6/6s or 6 Plus/6s Plus.

I bought a few days ago a silicone one for my 6s Plus (midnight blue). It cost me 26euros (25 dollars or a little bit less) since I thought it was a good deal knowing that it's 45euros from Apple in France.

It's written as "Apple branded", "Guenuine", "Brand: Apple" everywhere but no it isn't. It's just a whole copy (packaging & case). The cutouts aren't as perfect as Apple ones are. I'm going to post pictures of them. The Apple logo isn't centered, the cutout for the camera is bad and touched the sensor. Plus the back speaks for itself.. Bad finitions and so on.

This are the cases: http://www.ebay.fr/sch/m.html?_odkw...le+silicone.TRS0&_nkw=apple+silicone&_sacat=0

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 636
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 569
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 576

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
You get what you pay for. I find the knockoff cases/ bands etc. to be worth the majorly discounted price of OEM.

But I also do buy Apple brand cases and bands, I just can't afford every colour I'd like lol.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
France
You get what you pay for. I find the knockoff cases/ bands etc. to be worth the majorly discounted price of OEM.

But I also do buy Apple brand cases and bands, I just can't afford every colour I'd like lol.

That's it honestly. I have bought some ones from Apple but when i just want another color I try to get it for cheaper..

The thing that I regret in this case is that it's false advertising.. I think the case is pretty decent but what they do is illegal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.