Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hydrogene75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Hello as beta 4 is too slow and less smooth I would like to get back to the beta 3 by doing a restore through itunes however I would like to know if I will be able to use my backup made with the beta 4 or no ?
Thank you

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Hello as beta 4 is too slow and less smooth I would like to get back to the beta 3 by doing a restore through itunes however I would like to know if I will be able to use my backup made with the beta 4 or no ?
Thank you
It should work since it's still iOS 9 but beware that betas all have expiration dates. We're very likely close to the expiration date for beta 3 and if you're on a beta when it expires, you will have to wipe the phone and restore from backup.

hydrogene75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
I heard there was no expiration date on the ios 9 betas are you sure about it ?

hydrogene75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
So can you please tell me what will be the simplest way to downgrade my beta 4 to the beta 3 please ? I dont wanna get *****d up

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So can you please tell me what will be the simplest way to downgrade my beta 4 to the beta 3 please ? I dont wanna get *****d up

I don't think you can. It's either last official release (8.4) or latest beta (9.0 beta 4)

Just hold tight, beta 5 is around the corner and could be as soon as tomorrow, if not, then likely day this next Monday/Tuesday coming up.

Reactions: HopefulHumanist

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I haven't tried this exact circumstance but I was able to install Beta 1 after the fact that Beta 2 and 3 was released. However others are saying Apple isn't signing old beta so I don't know

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
If someone points me to the file for B3 (I did not download that one from the developers site, I only have 1 & 4), I will be happy to try it. B4 is not allowing me to fully restore my iCloud backup so I am curious if B3 will.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If someone points me to the file for B3 (I did not download that one from the developers site, I only have 1 & 4), I will be happy to try it. B4 is not allowing me to fully restore my iCloud backup so I am curious if B3 will.

It won't work. Beta 3 is no longer being signed by Apple. There's nothing to try.

hydrogene75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
I actually got it working without even restoring to ios 8.4 i just clicked on option + search for updates on itunes then i selected the beta 3 ipsw file and it was installed but only matter my sms wasn't backed up and I had to manually restore some apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.