Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple One

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2016
Hey all, I have the iPhone 7 and since when I got it I have not updated it since.

Current version is 10.0.0.1. If I do update to the latest version and I do not like it for whatever reason. Is it possible for me to go downgrade back to original settings and version? Anyone know? And how if possible?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Don't know what is your exact version but I assume you are using iOS 10.0.1.

If so, then you should think carefully, since iOS 10.0.1 is no longer signed by Apple. Once you update, no turning back.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hey all, I have the iPhone 7 and since when I got it I have not updated it since.

Current version is 10.0.0.1. If I do update to the latest version and I do not like it for whatever reason. Is it possible for me to go downgrade back to original settings and version? Anyone know? And how if possible?

Shira is right in that you can't downgrade. However 10.0.0.1 is really buggy compared to the newer builds. Outside of jailbreaking, there's absolutely no benefit staying on that version. Just update and be happy with a smoother performing phone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.