Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.

Attachments

• dwizrd.png
    dwizrd.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 584

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
This looks really great, but I can't find any way to have my files download to seperate folders based on which browser I am using. Am I missing something?

Dan

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I used this once when it was at 0.5 and it was nothing special but now it has a download plugin which make it work with your browser, but its nothing special and I hate having unwanted icons in my dock, so I'll stick to camino's DL manager

Xero

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
is this a whole nother app that needs to be run, or does it just bust open when you start DL'ing?

i think the best remedy to people's woes with browser's built in DL managers [mainly talking safari here] is that you cant resume downloads! i had about 5 mb of a 135mb animatrix short and my connectiion was droppped so i lost the whole file, grr! [from the official website, with a 256kbit connection]

vniow, is this a good replacement for what im talking about, without adding an extra icon to the dock? just thought id ask before i go downloading stuff i may not end up using.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by Xero
is this a whole nother app that needs to be run, or does it just bust open when you start DL'ing?

It's a seperate app although it has a plugin for browsers (I never use it personally)

I only use it for big downloads (like 10MB+ or so) since I'm on dialup and my connection drops from time to time....

For smaller things I just use the browser's download manager, but for nightly downloads, this is the only way to go.

It's less than 400kb and it's a very non-intrusive app so it's not exactly like you have a lot to lose by giving it a shot.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
it also adds a global service, so you can highlight urls in any document and download them through DLwizard. very slick. now if we could just get devs to put services in the contextual menu like textedit...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.