Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Was at the bus station today and this is what greeted me...

DualPCCrash.jpg

Left screen - Right screen

Normally, they're supposed to show when the bus is arriving, but not today I guess.

On the left, the app have crashed. One the right, the machine have stopped booting because of a failed memory test. At least the last remaining screen, outside the station, was still working.

Maybe they should consider switching to *nix, OS X, OS/2, whatever... :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Well what can I say but....it windoze :p and also bad maintance on it as well :rolleyes:

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
hehe I remember a few years ago the local cable company had some kinda crash with their preview channel and it had an error msg asking for the next disk for about 4 days.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
ha
i remember seeing the blue screen of death at sydney's main rail station a few years ago :rolleyes:

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
I used to have a collection of any PC crash I saw, that was fun, bus service display, train station, airlines info stand, banks, whatever, the best one was in a PC shop a banner : (Translation: get the best from you computer, it's more than a friend), under the banner, there was a PC with a blue screen of death... :D .

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
AmigoMac said:
I used to have a collection of any PC crash I saw, that was fun, bus service display, train station, airlines info stand, banks, whatever, the best one was in a PC shop a banner : (Translation: get the best from you computer, it's more than a friend), under the banner, there was a PC with a blue screen of death... :D .

Now that I own a digital camera that's what I'm going to do too. I can't believe how often I've seen error messages like the one on the left, on various bus stops (most of them are kind of dull though). From now on I'm not leaving the house without my camera :p

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
hahaha that's priceless!

They just have no idea: the value of having a mac ;)

a friend of mine (a PC user) said she couldn't believe how much money I spent on my powerbook. I blew it off, she doesn't know any better.
Later that same week she called all freaked out over her latest PC problem. (this time a hardware problem)
I then told her "I can't believe how much time and money you spend polishing a turd."

*point made :D

Timelessblur

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
iBlue said:
hahaha that's priceless!

They just have no idea: the value of having a mac ;)

a friend of mine (a PC user) said she couldn't believe how much money I spent on my powerbook. I blew it off, she doesn't know any better.
Later that same week she called all freaked out over her latest PC problem. (this time a hardware problem)
I then told her "I can't believe how much time and money you spend polishing a turd."

*point made :D

no you point failed. Hardware problems related to both sides. If it was software I think you might of made a point.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Timelessblur said:
no you point failed. Hardware problems related to both sides. If it was software I think you might of made a point.

:rolleyes: why thank you for that analysis. however, while your undercrackers got into a bunch, I think you missed the point almost entirely; or perhaps there are rations on sense of humor in your general vicinity. crickey!
I'll reiterate: it just happened to be hardware this time (as I noted) but she has had a vast array of other problems, an unending variety... but then again, she "got" the joke and took it in stride.
;)
relax, you'll live longer, and with fewer wrinkles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.