Dual PC Crash

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by dubbz, Apr 12, 2005.

1. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Was at the bus station today and this is what greeted me...

[​IMG]

Left screen - Right screen

Normally, they're supposed to show when the bus is arriving, but not today I guess.

On the left, the app have crashed. One the right, the machine have stopped booting because of a failed memory test. At least the last remaining screen, outside the station, was still working.

Maybe they should consider switching to *nix, OS X, OS/2, whatever... :D

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

3. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Well what can I say but....it windoze :p and also bad maintance on it as well :rolleyes:

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

and it looks like Windows 95! Thats SOOO 10 years ago... which is a lot! I was 3!

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

hehe I remember a few years ago the local cable company had some kinda crash with their preview channel and it had an error msg asking for the next disk for about 4 days.

6. abc123 macrumors 6502

ha
    i remember seeing the blue screen of death at sydney's main rail station a few years ago :rolleyes:

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I used to have a collection of any PC crash I saw, that was fun, bus service display, train station, airlines info stand, banks, whatever, the best one was in a PC shop a banner : (Translation: get the best from you computer, it's more than a friend), under the banner, there was a PC with a blue screen of death... :D .

8. dubbz thread starter macrumors 68020

dubbz

Now that I own a digital camera that's what I'm going to do too. I can't believe how often I've seen error messages like the one on the left, on various bus stops (most of them are kind of dull though). From now on I'm not leaving the house without my camera :p

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

hahaha that's priceless!

They just have no idea: the value of having a mac ;)

a friend of mine (a PC user) said she couldn't believe how much money I spent on my powerbook. I blew it off, she doesn't know any better.
    Later that same week she called all freaked out over her latest PC problem. (this time a hardware problem)
    I then told her "I can't believe how much time and money you spend polishing a turd."

*point made :D

10. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Timelessblur

no you point failed. Hardware problems related to both sides. If it was software I think you might of made a point.

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

:rolleyes: why thank you for that analysis. however, while your undercrackers got into a bunch, I think you missed the point almost entirely; or perhaps there are rations on sense of humor in your general vicinity. crickey!
    I'll reiterate: it just happened to be hardware this time (as I noted) but she has had a vast array of other problems, an unending variety... but then again, she "got" the joke and took it in stride.
    ;)
    relax, you'll live longer, and with fewer wrinkles.

12. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

man... :( I feel old, and I'm only 22 :D