Duplicate File Deletion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macmonkey615, Jan 27, 2005.

1. macmonkey615 macrumors newbie

So between my comp and my 80GB drive I've got tons of duplicate files including music, movies, and docs.

Does anyone have a reco. of a duplicate deletion software. Preferably one that is free.

Thanks

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not to hijack the thread, but I would be happy with something to do that within iTunes. Somehow we ended up with duplicate titles in 24gb of music files when we did combining of our systems. Thanks.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

The iTunes feature is not good, all it does is compare song file names not meta data information.

That is why Tiger is going to rock for reason as such. :)

4. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

The highest rated one on VersionTracker is Duplicate Catcher. It's shareware but can be trial evaluated as I recall. There are several others that do the duplicate checking task that you can check out.

Good luck.

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks, I looked at it and it seems to be a great program. Did some searching over there and found another program that answers my direct iTunes needs, iSweep. The demo won't allow for much more than searching - but it seems to be worth the $15.