Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laumaye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2016
Hello!

I'm currently using iPhone 6s on the latest iOS (9.3.2). I have been using the Notes function for sometime now which is linked to my Gmail account.

My issue is that sometimes when I edit a particular note, it creates duplicates of it. I always have to delete the extra copies, but its annoying. How do I stop it creating duplicates? I am not using iCloud for Notes btw.

Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Someone may have a great answer but i gave up on syncing Notes with a Google account long ago. I think that Google doesn't really "maintain" that feature and is currently focused on their Google Keep notes service.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I experienced the same issue.

Switched the host to iCloud and problems disappeared. It syncs more quickly and reliably.

Whether Gmail or Notes is at fault, I dunno, but they don't work as well together. Between Google's non-standard implementation of IMAP or Apple's implementation of new features in iOS 9, using an unspecified protocol, it's a coin toss between the two...or both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.