Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renotj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
can i copy a dvd with my powerbook g4 laptop ? i need to make more copies of a short film i made , but i erased it !!! so now i only have 1 copy can anyone help .

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
It can be done easily. You may just be able to make an image of the disk in Disk Utility and then burn that image to a DVD-R.

If that didn't work for some reason, search versiontracker.com for DVD Backup. That will copy the contents of a DVD to your hard drive. Then search for DVD Imager, which will make that copy into an image you can burn in Disk Utility.

But since there's no CSS, region encoding, or anything else to get in the way--and since this is coming off of a DVD-R already--you should just be able to make an image in Disk Utility and burn that.

Good luck.

renotj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
dvd

thanks for that ill give a go !!!!! im new to the whole mac thing .

spookykids

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2004
Norway
If its a film you made on a dvd you burned, then you can just use toasts copy function. If its a commercial dvd, which means more that 4,7 gigs, then you need to do more. Visit this link for more information.

renotj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
i worked out how to do it using disk utility , but it wont play on all dvd players .??????????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.