Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hobbes42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
West Coast
Upgraded from my 12 Pro to the 15 Pro in December. Loving it, one of my favorite iPhones I’ve had and I’ve been using iPhone since the first one way back in 2007 when I was 16.

The main little thing that I keep appreciating is the Dynamic Island. I really think it’s an underrated innovation and it adds so much to my ease of use and enjoyment of my phone.

Back in the day, when you were playing music or a podcast, there was a little blue play icon in the status bar. That went away with iOS 7 in 2013 or so.

With Dynamic Island you get the functionality of knowing when you’re playing something, with the added benefit of being able to see what you’re playing. I love it.

If that was all it did I would still love it. But it has so many other little uses. Just saying, it’s the kind of thing that Apple does best. I’m always appreciative of it. Major plus in my mind.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Nice upgrade from the 12 Pro, bet you’ve seen some improvements across the board. How you finding the battery life? That wasn’t one of the 12 series strong points!

Dynamic Island is a great evolution from the notch with added functionality and a premium and modern look. The software integration is top notch.

Reactions: Hobbes42

Hobbes42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
West Coast
Nice upgrade from the 12 Pro, bet you’ve seen some improvements across the board. How you finding the battery life? That wasn’t one of the 12 series strong points!

Dynamic Island is a great evolution from the notch with added functionality and a premium and modern look. The software integration is top notch.
Battery is definitely better! That was one of the main reasons I upgraded actually.

Although to this day the best battery life I ever got on an iPhone was my XR. That thing was a battery beast.

But yeah overall I’m finding it very durable, no case at all and no scratches on the frame. And obviously super fast. Great phone

Edit: also forgot to say, I am absolutely in love with the natural titanium color. I’m shallow and I don’t like cases so liking the color for me is very important. Maybe best iPhone color ever?

Reactions: James6s

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Battery is definitely better! That was one of the main reasons I upgraded actually.

Although to this day the best battery life I ever got on an iPhone was my XR. That thing was a battery beast.

But yeah overall I’m finding it very durable, no case at all and no scratches on the frame. And obviously super fast. Great phone

Edit: also forgot to say, I am absolutely in love with the natural titanium color. I’m shallow and I don’t like cases so liking the color for me is very important. Maybe best iPhone color ever?
Glad you’re pleased with it! Great iPhone. I’ve got a 15 Pro, but have to disagree about the natural being the best colour lol blue titanium is the boss and I’m caseless 👌🏻😍

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 33

Hobbes42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
West Coast
I much prefer the notch of the 13 pro to the eyesore that is dynamic island. Just my opinion.
Hmm well I agree that neither are perfect, I was specifically talking about the functionality that I find the dynamic island provides. The notch didn’t provide any functionality.

I find the uses implemented are a good compromise to the decision to have Face ID intruding into the screen. If it’s gonna intrude, it might as well contribute as well.

Hobbes42

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
West Coast
I expected Dynamic Island to be useless but I actually really like it. It’s simple but definitely helps having it.
I’m in the same boat. Wasn’t expecting much, but have found it legitimately useful in multiple use-cases. A pleasant surprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.