Easiest CMS to use?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by lu0s3r322, Dec 28, 2006.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

Nov 28, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I just bought hosting from 1&1 two weeks ago and I've tried using Drupal and Joomla!. Right now I'm using Joomla! with this theme I really like but I can't get it to work correctly.

Drupal is good, but I can't find a good theme for it. Joomla! has better themes but it's more complicated IMO.

I'm a beginner with CMSes so are there any other alternatives to these two? I know there's Mambo and PHPNuke.
  2. andy89 macrumors 6502

May 22, 2005
    Folkestone, England
    I prefer to right my own, that way you have complete customisation and only the features you need!

And its all yours!
  3. cytefx macrumors member

Sep 7, 2006
    joomla and mambo are really from the same code base, they split apart about 1 year ago.

Mambo was the origional and some of the compoments wrote for mambo work for joomla out of the box.

In what way is it not working, as I have found them very easy to install, and get working. (problems were normally due to permissions on the server side, for various files, that need specific permissions)

I am now using movable type, I know its a blog software, but it is a very nice basic cms tool that you can create a new page with ease. :)
  4. IvanVanderbyl macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2006
    Byron Bay, Australia

I've used allot of CMS's over the years, and at one stage I resorted to custom building my own, which was very successful, but time consuming and at then end of the day its not a 1 man job, but then a team started the MODx project, which is a CMS and CMF (Content Management Framework), very easy to use, very well layed out file structure, very secure, and has all the functionability that you would expect and a huge development community and translations into over 40 different languages.

I've developed 12 commercial websites on MODx ranging from small (<10 pages) to a site with over 500 pages and it wasn't a problem, hasnt had any downtime and consumes very little system resources.

check it out at modxcms.com
    and also take a look at opensourcecms.com which has a demo http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2101

Good luck, and welcome to Web 2.0