Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I've been meaning to get my old PC on the network for folding and letting my folks eBay (my powerbook travels with me). Does this look like a good deal? It would be going into an older Compaq running Windows ME, so I'm not sure if it'll work. I'm also new to the world of eCost.com and mail-in rebates via the internet. You guys coached me through plenty of other things, and I'm hoping you can help out here. Thanks a lot.

loubapache

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2004
Michigan
<<
they look like they have some killer deals!
>>

It is not eCost has killer deals, it is Apple over-charges just about everything.
:eek: You guys are used to buying from Apple!

I do a lot of online shopping and have bought from eCost. Generally, their prices are OK but not the best. If you take a look at their site, they have the Apple IPOD 15 GB for $294 and they call that a bargain countdown. Ocassionally, they have a few excellent deals but with rebates.

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
I agree with loudapache. I've gotten a few things from eCost (when I can't find a lower price anywhere else). They've been reliable for the 3-4 items I've gotten over the years.

It looks like a good deal...who can argue with free? Just make sure you get the rebate filled out correctly and in a timely manner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.