eCost.com offer, should I go for it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Kingsnapped, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I've been meaning to get my old PC on the network for folding and letting my folks eBay (my powerbook travels with me). Does this look like a good deal? It would be going into an older Compaq running Windows ME, so I'm not sure if it'll work. I'm also new to the world of eCost.com and mail-in rebates via the internet. You guys coached me through plenty of other things, and I'm hoping you can help out here. Thanks a lot.

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
  3. vniow macrumors G4

I want to know about this eCost site, they look like they have some killer deals!

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I've purchased a few things off of ecost.com - no problems thus far. (All of mine were new and up to date technologies.)

5. loubapache macrumors member

<<
    they look like they have some killer deals!
    >>

It is not eCost has killer deals, it is Apple over-charges just about everything.
    :eek: You guys are used to buying from Apple!

I do a lot of online shopping and have bought from eCost. Generally, their prices are OK but not the best. If you take a look at their site, they have the Apple IPOD 15 GB for $294 and they call that a bargain countdown. Ocassionally, they have a few excellent deals but with rebates.

6. crazytom macrumors 6502a

crazytom

I agree with loudapache. I've gotten a few things from eCost (when I can't find a lower price anywhere else). They've been reliable for the 3-4 items I've gotten over the years.

It looks like a good deal...who can argue with free? Just make sure you get the rebate filled out correctly and in a timely manner.