Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reds622

macrumors regular
May 9, 2014
SEE POST FROM OTHER THREAD.

So how do we think this went tonight with Recode.. My impression seems to be leaning towards ok, to not great. While the pods that come with the Iphone are not Shures, or some other respectable brand, they certainly aren't terrible by any means. In fact, they are probably the best headphones in its price range out there, or close to it. Strange to get a dig in on something thats included with your highest selling product.

Also interesting that Cue decided to pretty raise the stakes by proclaiming that Apple's upcoming product lineup is the best he has seen in his 25 years. Now, whether that means that adding Anything new to the existing lineup makes it the best he has seen, or if he was talking specifically about only the new products upcoming, there should be increased expectations. I do not think the upcoming wearable device from Apple will be more important, and as significant as the Iphone. Thus, there better be something quite large in the near future or there is no way Apple will not experience a hit in the stock market.

I wasn't sure about this Acquisition before Recode tonight, although I am sure Beats will not be financially damaging in the slightest and probably make Apple more money, but I am not sure if this will be extremely beneficial to Apple in the long term especially if they decide to acquire companies and have interviews with their co-founders who proceeds to insult products that took a lot of hard work to create.

This also seems to be a move by Tim Cook and Apple to try and expand into the Urban markets. Hey, lets go buy a company that is particularly popular in the Hip-Hop and Urban community, in order to make more money and profit. That is a rather strange direction to be taking here. It almost feels like corporate manipulation. Fire away folks

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014

So how do we think this went tonight with Recode.. My impression seems to be leaning towards ok, to not great. While the pods that come with the Iphone are not Shures, or some other respectable brand, they certainly aren't terrible by any means. In fact, they are probably the best headphones in its price range out there, or close to it. Strange to get a dig in on something thats included with your highest selling product.

Also interesting that Cue decided to pretty raise the stakes by proclaiming that Apple's upcoming product lineup is the best he has seen in his 25 years. Now, whether that means that adding Anything new to the existing lineup makes it the best he has seen, or if he was talking specifically about only the new products upcoming, there should be increased expectations. I do not think the upcoming wearable device from Apple will be more important, and as significant as the Iphone. Thus, there better be something quite large in the near future or there is no way Apple will not experience a hit in the stock market.

I wasn't sure about this Acquisition before Recode tonight, although I am sure Beats will not be financially damaging in the slightest and probably make Apple more money, but I am not sure if this will be extremely beneficial to Apple in the long term especially if they decide to acquire companies and have interviews with their co-founders who proceeds to insult products that took a lot of hard work to create.

This also seems to be a move by Tim Cook and Apple to try and expand into the Urban markets. Hey, lets go buy a company that is particularly popular in the Hip-Hop and Urban community, in order to make more money and profit. That is a rather strange direction to be taking here. It almost feels like corporate manipulation. Fire away folks

You could have linked to the other post...

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011

How much does Samsung pay you per post? Thanks for joining the forums Joo Wan.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So Eddy's saying Apple has something better than the iPhone coming out this year?

Reds622

macrumors regular
May 9, 2014
How much does Samsung pay you per post? Thanks for joining the forums Joo Wan.

Can't tell if you're being serious or not... But I am almost certain that I know more about Apple than you do. Meaning, I really like their products.

Reds622

macrumors regular
May 9, 2014
So Eddy's saying Apple has something better than the iPhone coming out this year?

Figured if you're saying its the best product lineup Apple has ever had, one would assume that a product would be as influential as the Iphone.. I don't think multiple smaller projects would qualify to be the greatest project lineup Apple has ever made

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
:apple: does always say that the new products are the best they ever made. Nothing really new here. And if they wouldn't be the best why developing them and releasing them...

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
:apple: does always say that the new products are the best they ever made. Nothing really new here. And if they wouldn't be the best why developing them and releasing them...

Yep, my expectations were high last year too because of something they said.

johnhw

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Remember the guy who said there will be a Beats branded phone?

It's gonna happen.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
I have a great deal of excitement and enthusiasm for Apple's upcoming products. I also have a fair amount of disposable income to spend on new products.

I'm keeping it all in my pipeline, though, until Apple makes some concrete announcements regarding products I will actually use. No point getting worked up about rumors and vague statements.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Not really. Only the people who need to have their random urges satisfied every 90 seconds, and who thought they were getting it from Steve Jobs, even though they really weren't.

No - not really. Here is Cook's quote from the Q2 2013 earnings call:

“I’m just saying we’ve got really great stuff coming in the fall, and across all of 2014.”

So no great stuff through the first half of this year and now Cue is referencing later this year. Not consistent with what Cook promised.

Dunk the Lunk

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2007
.uk
WWDC is usually primarily about software. We'll see the product hardware in autumn.

I don't get this. Surely this is an ideal event to launch a brand new product type like an Apple TV with App Store. The keynote would be something like 'here you are developers, we've created this amazing bit of hardware, with the A7X and 16/32gb hard drive, now go away and create some amazing apps, controllers and other compatible hardware'.

iOzzie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Melbourne
So devices that will be bigger game changers than the iPod and iPhone?

Big call, but if anyone can do it, :apple: can!

iPadCary

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012
NEW YORK CITY
Cue's statement is completely meaningless.
He could've been at Apple for 1000 years: 2014’s iPhone & iPad are better than
2013's, 2012’s, 2011’s .... 1017’s, 1016’s & 1015's.
Just more mindless PR drivel from Apple.

As was pointed out above, Cook promised "great products all across 2014."
Well, here we are at almost the second half of 2014 and there's been nothing.

Oh, wait, I am sorry: there've been significantly updated Apple apps so far this year,
and Apple apps are great products, so I guess that's what he meant.

And guess what? He's gonna say that again next year, too.

Last edited:

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
Cue's statement is completely meaningless.
He could've been at Apple for 1000 years: 2014’s iPhone & iPad are better than
2013's, 2012’s, 2011’s .... 1000's, 999’s, 998’s, etc., etc.
Just more mindless PR drivel from Apple.

As was pointed out above, Cook promised "great products all across 2014."
Well, here we are at almost the second half of 2014 and there's been nothing.

Oh, wait, I am sorry: there've been significantly updated Apple apps so far this year,
and Apple apps are great products, so I guess that's what he meant.

And guess what? He's gonna say that again next year, too.

of course it's PR drivel

but since the year isn't over, we can't really pass judgement can we?

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
I've book marked this story so that, in six months when all Apple have released is a new iPhone and a refreshed MacBook, we can all be reminded that Apple is just one big PR machine.

All this guy is ever going to say is how exciting and amazing the 'pipeline' is and how wonderful Tim Cook is.

It's not like he was going to say "Meh, we're kind of out of ideas. We've got a bigger iPhone coming, but that's all that's new about it. And we've bought beats so we're hoping we might be able to do something there."

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
I've book marked this story so that, in six months when all Apple have released is a new iPhone and a refreshed MacBook, we can all be reminded that Apple is just one big PR machine.

All this guy is ever going to say is how exciting and amazing the 'pipeline' is and how wonderful Tim Cook is.

It's not like he was going to say "Meh, we're kind of out of ideas. We've got a bigger iPhone coming, but that's all that's new about it. And we've bought beats so we're hoping we might be able to do something there."

one thing's for sure, in 6 months, either you or eddy cue is going to look very stupid

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Seriously? I didn't think it was a difficult concept... but here goes:

At any given moment there are many products in Apple's labs.

There are products that are near completion getting ready for a Fall 2014 release... other products that are only partially complete to be released next year... and some products in the starting phase that won't be ready for a couple years or more.

It's a constant cycle.

You completely missed the point about the pipeline being clogged ;)

Apple used to have what you describe , just seems to have plumbing problems , where it gets glogged up and cleared just before Xmas each year ;)

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Wonder if we are going to see any of this "Best product pipeline" at WWDC, half of me is hoping they do release/announce something new. The other half kind of thinks they won't :( i'm defiantly looking forward to a bigger screen iPhone, but i also want a new iPad to upgrade to from my iPad 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.